• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official THIEF-Incorporating AMD™ Mantle™/True Audio™/Bench mark Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
**** guess, already tried that, all you get is a blank black background.

@SieB, thanks for the info, cba personally, but great info all the same.:)

No probs, sadly it is the only way with Mantle at the moment untill the new "coming soon" RadeonPro infinity finally gets released. :D

Soldato
Am running of just one card, while I can't see any FPS on screen it is running superb.
They is loads hidden paths to find, found quite bit hidden of track items. I did want to try and complete it on Master without touching a guard sadly that was over when I forgot to check key hole when leaving a house lol

Soldato
I like this guys post on Steam forum.

what is not to like about this game???

1. i guess that would be the enormous lengh of this game
a. i have 46 hrs into the game...beat it around 40 hrs into it...and still have not collected everything yet

2. or its the beautiful graphics and sceneary you get to play thru

3. or its the great sci-fi story that is included in the thief 2014

4. or its the many different aves and ways you can achieve your objectives
a. yep...different ways to enter areas and beat objectives...not linear at all

5. or its the greaat upgrading in this game...tools...weapons...armor...and yourself

6. or its the cool lockpicking system in this game...to open safes,vaults,safes behind pictures

7. or its the 25 plus side quests built into the game
a. hated that...wish it could have been all dlc on the first day so i could pay more...lol

8. or the great pickpocketing system

9. or the several difficulties and ways- like ghost/pred/etc- to play it

there are my 9 reasons why you really should enjoy this game...and i dont get why thief 2014 isnt recieveing praise from everyone...hell most of the peeps writing here were not even around when the 1st 2 thieves released...lol...i am one that was...i still have hard copies and bought the collection on steam to get deadly shadows cheap.....so if you enjoy action adventure games with stealth mechanics...you should really enjoy this gem of a game.

Soldato
:p

I don't know exactly i thought i remember you saying it should work even with sound processing on, ie 7.1 in my g35 headset. Not saying thats not the case, but in the AMD demo they recommend disabling it.

Nope if I remember you was saying TA is for Stereo only? but I said no it will work on everything like shown/talked about at the press event.

I use true 5.1 headset so the TA just works, but if you have 2.0 TA will still do it's thing and give great surround audio, adding another layer of virtual surround in the like of Dolby I would guess would mess up what TrueAudio is trying to give?

I not sure as I dont use Virtual so on the part I could be very wrong.

Caporegime
Nope if I remember you was saying TA is for Stereo only? but I said no it will work on everything like shown/talked about at the press event.

I use true 5.1 headset so the TA just works, but if you have 2.0 TA will still do it's thing and give great surround audio, adding another layer of virtual surround in the like of Dolby I would guess would mess up what TrueAudio is trying to give?

I not sure as I dont use Virtual so on the part I could be very wrong.

Furry muff yeah my g35's are 7.1 virtual. Still sound ace in game though imo. Will have to try it on and off and see which i prefer.

Soldato
Interestingly enough, GPU Z reports about 3,6GB vRAM used (in the dynamic memory usage tab), however the game runs very well,no hiccups of any kind compared to BF 4 which keeps stopping for a fraction of a second when the 3GB mark is reached (7950 here). Anyway, it runs extremely well, it looks very good, definitely a big surprise for me (all maxed out except SSAA, 5040x1050) at around 48-49 medium and some 33-34fps minimum FPS in benchmark.

Soldato
OP
Enjoying my lurking in the shadows so far and TA has brought extra immersion into the title too.

Yeah give use feedback mate, try 2.0 with nothing added from your Headset software. and TA enabled and then again with 7.1 enabled.

You need to switch any virtualisation off and just run stereo if your headset isn't proper 5.1.

MPC: So a person could keep their existing discrete X-Fi/Xonar/Recon for the superior DACs/ADC, and switch off their effects to use TrueAudio but then switch them back for games that use OpenAL or don’t support TrueAudio?

AMD: That’s 100 percent correct. We designed AMD TrueAudio in the manner that we did precisely because we know users have great audio hardware with high-quality OPAMPS that they don’t want or need to forfeit. Whatever audio device(s) a user has right now, that hardware is ready to go with AMD TrueAudio.

http://www.maximumpc.com/everything_you_wanted_know_about_amd’s_new_trueaudio_technology_2013

@Calin, played a few hours last night on Mantle(as in game 3D doesn't work on 290, I was using Tridef-you don’t use any AA so you play on lesser IQ) I was pleasantly surprised at how decent the actual game looks with max IQ.

Soldato
Enjoying my lurking in the shadows so far and TA has brought extra immersion into the title too.

You need to switch any virtualisation off and just run stereo if your headset isn't proper 5.1.

http://www.maximumpc.com/everything_you_wanted_know_about_amd’s_new_trueaudio_technology_2013

@Calin, played a few hours last night on Mantle(as in game 3D doesn't work on 290, I was using Tridef-you don’t use any AA so you play on lesser IQ) I was pleasantly surprised at how decent the actual game looks with max IQ.

Thanks for clearing that up. TA is superb they not to way about it. The games graphics can look unreal at times "no Pun intended" but it can also look very dated at times also.

Soldato
Loving the freedom to explore each map really fun. 2nd level is quite big loads things to find.
Just entered a building and after lock picking the door was a book sheft with a secret switch haaa

Stunning game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom