****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
Got introduced to this yesterday. Given it whirl but honestly how the **** are you supposed to do anything in this without massive grinding? The first tanks you get do next to no damage and have next to no health/armour. I spend half my time sitting around doing nothing because the moment I move anywhere I get shot by enemies I can't even see. Was looking at a german SPG and still can't afford it even after 2 hours.

Its supposed to be randomly assigned to make teams fair which makes it a bit discouraging when your team loses 9/10 battles.

Soldato
Sold the more or less fully upgraded tiger, it was just not performing at all. Instead got the jagdpz iv again as i liked that and got decent credits for it.

Now to spam battles till the 10th hoping i can earn enough now to get some equipment while its half price.

Soldato
Sold the more or less fully upgraded tiger, it was just not performing at all. Instead got the jagdpz iv again as i liked that and got decent credits for it.

Now to spam battles till the 10th hoping i can earn enough now to get some equipment while its half price.

I get that impression of the Tiger too, the gun isnt great imho, its too fast firing, meaning you need to be out of cover to do damage more often, and seeing as everything penetrates, you wind up dead, or crippled from module damage too often.

Still, I really want the KT, so stuck with it. You can be damned sure I'll be selling the Tiger the instant I have enough EXP for the KT though! :p

Associate
The M5 Stuart is a horrific grind, equipped with the 75mm howitzer but I get one shot regularly, only very (VERY) mildly offset by the 1 game in 5 when I get a kill.

Still at least the gun sounds nice when I fire it.

Soldato
Anyone have any tips on how to go and what to avoid?

I'd already decided to go for Germans and was torn between Tank Destroyers and SPGs and went for the SPG. Got the Bison atm and continuing the VERY slow grind to 3500 exp to get the next level unit.

Are the SPGs actually any good?
Aside from those ridiculous rounds where I get put with extremely high tier units so my shots do jack **** and everything kills me in 1 hit, the only thing my shells seem good for is hitting stationary light tanks, otherwise they do barely any damage (or just miss) even against low tier units.

Associate
The Grille and Wespe outrange their US and Russian counterparts, which makes them useful for counter-battery, but the Russian SPGs did seem to be more accurate for me in during the beta.

Until you get your crew skilled up, they will be pretty inaccurate I'm afraid.

Soldato
Finally been having some good games today since i bought the vents for the ferdy.

2F91696C71ECEAD22C20E1E0281F52AB9B286D54

Was my best game so far in it. :) Got sniper too. And also gg to chipps for the platoon session today. Was fun and we kicked some ass. :D

Soldato
you can really be annoying to the other team on that map with the island in the middle if you can stay on the island :)

the tiger 2 i had to revenge kill for skeeter :)

Last edited:
Associate
Do you guys still join a chat room when you're online?

Once you join the clan the game autojoins you to the clan chat when you start up. Think some people might also be using the mumble.

Oh and I forget who I was speaking with about crew skills the other day, but aye you were right once you get a secondary skill (repair/firefighting/camo) even if you train into another tank and drop bellow 100% primary, the secondary ability is still in effect, just it can't grow.

Makes it a good idea if you reach 96-99% on crew when you research the next tier, just to spend the extra few battles to get it to 100% and then a few more to get some experience for them as they make a decent impact in performance and rise up from 0-40% really quickly.

Associate
Nice list of changes, shame they didnt get the 88 changes worked out for this patch but I guess that since pretty much every german tank from tier 6 to 8 uses them a simple change isnt the answer but I don't feel that a huge change is needed. Hopefully they bring it in with the E series though and something along the lines of a penetration improvement for the short and a small damage buff for the long with rof adjustments for individual tanks.

Anyway I am fine without that for the time being and the big changes like, improved visibility parameters, fixed third/first person aiming differences, moveable wrecks and better (tougher) tracking mechanics are much more important and should be great along with other bug fixes.

The other tweaks seem to be pretty reasonable as well, still not sure what the changes to the III/IV will be like, will have to wait and see. Oh and had to laugh at the Panther hull changes, an increase in 2mm? Really?

Back
Top Bottom