****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Associate
Saw my first ever GW Panther and GW Tiger in some battles today. Can't say they did much. The Panther was on my team and we did badly. The Tiger was on the other team and my Grille 1-shotted it from the other end of the map, lol.

Bet that GW-Tiger was fuming. As for how good they are, just like all arty useless until they hit you then they are the most annoying thing ever. The Tiger and other tier 7/8 arty can easily one hit any other tank with a good direct hit. Thankfully unlike the pain of low tier arty in low tier matches with their relatively high rof, these big guys can only fire 2 or so times a minute so if they hit you you've either made yourself way to big of a target for to long or they are just really lucky.

As for clan wars im not 100% but right now I think a clan can put forward itself to fight for one of the 'landing zones' then a mini tourny takes place, the winner of which takes over the landing zone allowing you to move onto the map (landing zones sectors also can't be attacked from other sectors). From there on the clan leader can choose to move into/attack other areas in a turned based fashion by moving chips (1 clan member = 1 chip upto a max of 100members I think) and just like normal battles only 15 chips/players are actually involved in a battle per team.

Days are split up into 24turns of an hour each and you can move a stack of chips once every 24hours. Guess it is done like this because of timezones and how battles are fought (see bellow), though I'm not exactly sure.

Games are then at 'prime time' for where ever the area is, ie attack london and it'll be fought GMT primetime attack Kazakhstan and it'll be done GMT +6, I think prime time is 19:00 local time for the sector. Attack a sector successfully and you take it over and get the gold income that is associated with it and the defending 'chips' are put into the defeated clans reserve and disabled for 24hours. (you get 1/24th of the sectors gold income per turn)

Seems to be a mix of both :cool: and :confused:, will have to see how it plays out. One good thing is because of the 15chip max in effect per sector even a 100 member clan can only hold 6 sectors with a full 15 players in each sector so small clans can easily hold their own little piece of the map.

The bad thing though is that as far as I know, aside from having to be tier 5 up(what happened to tier 4 scouts?), there's no tier limitations, so like tank companies there's little point to a clan like ourselves currently full of tier 5-8s taking part seriously when we will be fighting against groups of 15 tier 9-10s. It would be much better if like tournaments there was a max point cost for each stack so you would have to balance tier 9-10s with lower tiers. Or even have a separate clan map with a tier limitation of 7 or 8 with less gold rewarded per sector.

Another thing I'm not sure on is say Player A fights and looses in a sector at 16:00, while his 'chip' and the 14 others can't be used for another 24hours can Player A still fight in a battle at say 19:00. Would mean that a 15man clan could attempt to keep 2 sectors in two time zones with only 15 proper players and 15 non accounts just set up to boost their numbers. (EDIT: Apparently to count as a chip a member has to have played at least one tier 5 game, though that's barely a few days of playing so could still be easily done)

EDIT: Damn a bit late since their fights are in 3 minutes but just noticed that the far right landing zones on the Mediterranean map aren't being contested, we could have ninja'd some free gold for the clan. :p

Last edited:
Associate
That's cool, we'll have. Chat in clan channel tonite and sort it out. Along with a clan logo and a decent tag line :)

Because the tag lines and logo's are the important bit? haha.

Need to get a roster of tanks up somewhere - who has what and what everyone is grinding towards.

Might help to figure out what the hell is required of us for taking land as well, since we're not a t10 outfit yet, we could get royally screwed over :p

I know me, hot, pup, chipps, Zay and skeet are t8 (nearly t9 in some cases), but asides from that I've no idea.

edit: Holy ****, this is a bit lengthy, I'll get stuck in later when I'm not at work - but we need a few deputy comms who can organise our chips and headquarters on a nearly daily basis.

Last edited:
Associate
I've got a pretty standard KV3 (T6), a KV and the beta reward Sherman.

Also, from what I gather, all vehicles are eligible to fight. It is the players who need to have competed in a T5 or above vehicle before they become available as a chip in the clan wars.

Associate
I've got a pretty standard KV3 (T6), a KV and the beta reward Sherman.

Also, from what I gather, all vehicles are eligible to fight. It is the players who need to have competed in a T5 or above vehicle before they become available as a chip in the clan wars.

Yeh, but the tournaments are not based on chip value, merely the amount of chips available. So 1 chip can be an is7 or a m4a2e8 - they get put against each other if the clan plays those chips. Tourneys can be up to 64 clans large I believe, and you can currently see what areas are available for landing and what clans are applying for a landing.

Need to collate a database of everyone's t5+ mains and then see what people are eventually ending up with... spam t10 heavies please! ;)

Soldato
Im sure its lke tank companies where its point based so you cant all have tier 10s in a battle as you would only have 5 players in that battle on that side with the tier 10s. The game will force ppl to mix and match to reach up to a certain battle points.

Here is our clan page.

http://uc.worldoftanks.eu/uc/clans/500001372/

Click on names to see what ppl have i think. Edit hmm just overall whats been bought and played, not what is current in the garage.

I have SU85, Stug3 [E], Jagdpz IV [E], Ferdinand.

[E]= Elite status and fully updated.

Associate
Im sure its lke tank companies where its point based so you cant all have tier 10s in a battle as you would only have 5 players in that battle on that side with the tier 10s. The game will force ppl to mix and match to reach up to a certain battle points.

Still if it is like tank companies (90 points max), companies of 9 or 10 tier 9-10s still easily beat a full group of 15 mixed tanks from tier6-10.

As for a roster, could use google spreadsheet or something so we can all add our tanks, route etc on to.

Last edited:
Soldato
I dont think you can get 9-10 tier 10s in one group i thought only 5-6 max as they use up a lot of points. Tho i have only tried companies a little and just 1-2 battles with em. Didnt like when our side had a mix and their side were all heavys lol.

Oh and ran out of premium today so i cant platoon anyone anymore. Dont think ill be renewing it because i am not going to pay for this game till its a lot better balance wise. And i might not be as active because the xp and credits reduction will probably make me not wana play as much due to a much harder grind now. But ill see how i go.

Associate
You could have nine tier 10s for tank companies. Points of the tank just equal the tier level.

Played in the kill a mod tank company event just before the end of the beta. Was in a ramshackle bunch of tanks, with a good number of tier 8-10s supported by some lower tiers for who ever showed up to take us up or close to the 90points. Aside from when we played against other random teams, we were outclassed simply because we didn't have enough 9-10 heavies, sure if we were a bit more organised we would have stood a better chance, but even playing against non clan teams who had T8+ only we stood little chance.

We had fun though and our tier 8-10 guys all played pretty well so we felt that we did give out more than we took considering the conditions, won against most of the random teams, though only beat one team that consisted of pure tier 8+ tanks. Managed to save getting grannied once as well which was lucky.

But as it stands even tier 8s (non arty) are mostly a waste of space if you want to be competitive within the 90 points rule. Hopefully they adjust it so higher tiers cost more points than existing 1:1 tier/cost balance.

Last edited:
Associate
I dont think you can get 9-10 tier 10s in one group i thought only 5-6 max as they use up a lot of points. Tho i have only tried companies a little and just 1-2 battles with em. Didnt like when our side had a mix and their side were all heavys lol.

Oh and ran out of premium today so i cant platoon anyone anymore. Dont think ill be renewing it because i am not going to pay for this game till its a lot better balance wise. And i might not be as active because the xp and credits reduction will probably make me not wana play as much due to a much harder grind now. But ill see how i go.

Pretty sure that's a crime against us all Skeet. Pony up the measily £8 or whatever it is and get your JgdTiger! :(

Soldato
Bet that GW-Tiger was fuming. As for how good they are, just like all arty useless until they hit you then they are the most annoying thing ever. The Tiger and other tier 7/8 arty can easily one hit any other tank with a good direct hit. Thankfully unlike the pain of low tier arty in low tier matches with their relatively high rof, these big guys can only fire 2 or so times a minute so if they hit you you've either made yourself way to big of a target for to long or they are just really lucky.

It probably was, though it did get lit up, clipped by a shell that did 10% damage and still not move so he kinda deserved it.

I know they hit incredibly hard but i'm starting to wonder if theres a reason i only ever seem to see Hummels at the most and have only seen 1 GW Panther and Tiger. Its infuriating enough when you have a 10-15 second reload time and your shots sail clean over the target and constantly hit the extremes of the spread, I can only imagine what having to wait 30-50 seconds would be like. Not to mention those times when your team fails at you have to defend yourself from small tanks ><

Associate
Fill this in when you can guys, will only take a second:

-removed-

edit: If I'm not online, could you guys spam this in clan chat to get people to fill it out. Cheers!

Edit: Link removed - I'll sort this out with clan chat and some private forums.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok whos editing my fields saying im gay.

Whoever annonomous 182 user is.

Is it possible to make this private because other clans could see this info possibly and some idiot might edit it and ruin it all.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
SkeeterUK,

You are now a field commander in the clan,

Everyone else at the moment has been promoted to Soldiers.

harley19 you will also be a field commander for the time being,

As to what options being a field commander gives you at present im am unsure lol.

Its the second highest rank in the clan structure though so dont abuse it ;)

We will need to look at the other ranks and what abilities they give going forward, there isnt a description that i can see at the moment though :(

Now i am sure there are others in the clan who will prove them selves worthy of rank and the authority that goes with it within the clan, i know skeeteruk and harley19 have been playing the game for quite some time, and both have invested a lot of time in the game so i feel their in a good position to assist with carrying the clan onto the greater glory.

Harley the spreadsheet is a good idea, but we need to get it posted on a private forum,

Also you guys maybe glad to know we can change the name of the clan, but at a cost of 1000g. If we get a private forum going we can look into and vote on this.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah I dont think there are any proper descriptions about the ranks yet.

I believe field commander should be pretty much the same as leader, just they can't disband the clan or kick out the leader. Only other one I've heard of is treasurer which like the top two, they can give out clan gold to other members but nothing else.

Soldato
OP
nice one Mahnsikir,

that sounds about right, i was under the impression that part of clan wars was allowing clans a chat forum so to speak of their own, failing that we will have to find some free space we can setup as home :)

Soldato
I was lookin at the clan map and trying to find out about our chips (wheres chipps when we need him) lol.. Anyhow we need 15 players (chips) to start a landing and go from there. I tried to find if i could set up a landing and 15 players for us (15 most active i thought would do) but i cant find the info. I think only you can sort it data.

Soldato
OP
I was lookin at the clan map and trying to find out about our chips (wheres chipps when we need him) lol.. Anyhow we need 15 players (chips) to start a landing and go from there. I tried to find if i could set up a landing and 15 players for us (15 most active i thought would do) but i cant find the info. I think only you can sort it data.

I cannot get anything to work on the clan map at the moment :(

you have the same powers as in the clan now dude, apart from being able to remove me from power ha ha ha!! :D

Back
Top Bottom