On The Wagon... then in 'ere!

Soldato
well this is not for me at the mo. Life is to up and down luckily I am no addict but my chillaxing beer is to much to walk away from today. I am aiming with the help of this thread for cutdown for 2/3 days a week of having a few beers. which much better than 6 days on.

I can do it, I know I can. however its a lifestyle choice I have, given my work, business and life I choose to relax rather than be a mess after work, having just started working for myself its important I remain focused and less stressed. This helps.

#3rd day fail. :) enjoy lads :)

edit. I will add I did not need tempting much after a big deal I won today. Beer shares my joys as well as sorrows.

Soldato
well this is not for me at the mo. Life is to up and down luckily I am no addict but my chillaxing beer is to much to walk away from today. I am aiming with the help of this thread for cutdown for 2/3 days a week of having a few beers. which much better than 6 days on.

I can do it, I know I can. however its a lifestyle choice I have, given my work, business and life I choose to relax rather than be a mess after work, having just started working for myself its important I remain focused and less stressed. This helps.

#3rd day fail. :) enjoy lads :)

edit. I will add I did not need tempting much after a big deal I won today. Beer shares my joys as well as sorrows.

Cutting down is good too! Last week I crumbled on my third day, I know that feeling!

I can't really cut down though because I always want a skinfull after one has passed my lips but if it works for you good on ya.

I run my own business and I know there is always a good excuse to drink, but in all honesty the drinking has gotten in the way of my productivity especially since I had my boy (which coincided with landing a big contract). I had been super tired after work and reaching more and more for the bottle as a quick way to switch off after finishing work, shopping, cooking dinner and bathing the lad.

Now I'm trying to stretch myself less and relax by finding time for my hobbies, rolling out of bed feeling like death every morning is not for me anymore :cool:

Soldato
Well It was a little later than planned but I jumped back on the wagon yesterday. Fortunately I have plenty to keep me occupied so it takes my mind off any cravings.

Associate
4 weeks today! I can't believe how much better I now feel, how much weight I've lost, and how much more energy I have and how much more I get done now I'm not struggling with a hangover and sleeping better!

To those struggling, believe me it does get better

Soldato
I run my own business and I know there is always a good excuse to drink, but in all honesty the drinking has gotten in the way of my productivity especially since I had my boy (which coincided with landing a big contract). I had been super tired after work and reaching more and more for the bottle as a quick way to switch off after finishing work, shopping, cooking dinner and bathing the lad.

I know rightly about that, on the days after I have a beer I cannot be bothered to waken myself until 8ish, I should be up at 6.30 but to be fair it causes me no pain. The probkem is when 8 becomes 9 and so on.

DJ, I am lucky for the last 8 years I have weighed around 67kg thats probably because today without beer I consumed about 700 calories, with beer about 1700. Yesterday no beer about 900 calories lol.

Tea Drinker
Don
Another Friday night approaches, I need to think of something to do but I guess being up at 5.30 might well very mean I'm in for an early night anyway.

Got to take my boy to rugby in the morning which is so much nicer with a clear head

Associate
today without beer I consumed about 700 calories, with beer about 1700. Yesterday no beer about 900 calories lol.

That's some serious malnutrition dude. You should be aiming for about 2,000 to 2,500 calories a day from a balanced diet. Your bodies like a car, it can't run indefinitely on insufficient fuel, or the wrong type of fuel. Please consider redressing the balance in your calorie intake before you start to suffer as a result

Man of Honour
OP
Time for a simple one, an Arnold Palmer:

3 oz lemonade
3 oz iced tea

Pour equal amounts of lemonade and iced tea into a tall lass filled with ice.
Stir well​

Cheers :)

Caporegime
I know rightly about that, on the days after I have a beer I cannot be bothered to waken myself until 8ish, I should be up at 6.30 but to be fair it causes me no pain. The probkem is when 8 becomes 9 and so on.

DJ, I am lucky for the last 8 years I have weighed around 67kg thats probably because today without beer I consumed about 700 calories, with beer about 1700. Yesterday no beer about 900 calories lol.

That's some serious malnutrition dude. You should be aiming for about 2,000 to 2,500 calories a day from a balanced diet. Your bodies like a car, it can't run indefinitely on insufficient fuel, or the wrong type of fuel. Please consider redressing the balance in your calorie intake before you start to suffer as a result

@ Regy53, mate you need to look at your diet. Just as phonemonkey has said above that isn't enough. For me personally I could do with losing a few lbs (to hell with that kilo stuff :p) as I was nudging 14st. Pleased to say am now presently sitting at 13st 4lb, aiming for 13st. This isn't just all down to no beer but rather a combination of that plus a much healthier diet with some exercise. It's all win!

On a lighter note in lots of ways.... I didn't have to leave the recycle bins out again this week ;)

Soldato
4 weeks today! I can't believe how much better I now feel, how much weight I've lost, and how much more energy I have and how much more I get done now I'm not struggling with a hangover and sleeping better!

To those struggling, believe me it does get better

Nice one - 3 more nights off the booze and that'll be 4 weeks for me too.

The scary thing is how much I would usually have drunk in that time;

700 units of alcohol
49000 Calories (1750 per day :eek:)
£308

Crikey.

Keep it up fellow wagoners

Caporegime
I fell off last night. Had some stress to deal with. should have gone for a bike ride...But it was raining found myself in tesco's with a basket full of stella 660ml bottles:o

Soldato
I fell off last night. Had some stress to deal with. should have gone for a bike ride...But it was raining found myself in tesco's with a basket full of stella 660ml bottles:o

Chin up easy, happens to the best of us!

Can I ask how long were you on it for?

My frigging book still hasn't turned up but I am determined to get through this weekend without the usual 70 odd units that I would usually pour down my gullet. I read something on reddit the other day about how alcohol dependency/addiction can be like a monster that lives inside you, and that whenever you have cravings its like the monster calling for it's feeding time, so all you have to do is starve the monster and it will go away!

Maybe it sounds stupid but it resonated with me, and I have started to literally punish cravings by ignoring them :D

Back
Top Bottom