On The Wagon... then in 'ere!

Man of Honour
OP
You've all got ginger beer so try an Orange Spice:

1 part orange juice
1 part ginger beer
orange slice

Fill a highball glass with ice cubes. Half fill with orange juice and top up with ginger ale. Stir gently. Garnish with a slice of orange.​

Cheers :)

Soldato
You've all got ginger beer so try an Orange Spice:

1 part orange juice
1 part ginger beer
orange slice

Fill a highball glass with ice cubes. Half fill with orange juice and top up with ginger ale. Stir gently. Garnish with a slice of orange.​

Nice :)

Tea Drinker
Don
So been off since the 27th September and been through a few challenges, yesterday was a shoot day which usually means champagne & sloe gin followed by wine and lots of G&T's basically training for gout however have managed to stay off which has been pretty OK, I've driven to a lot of things which means no faffing with public transport or taxis.

Two points

There was a guy here at work who hasn't drunk in 15 years he was I think a bit like me all or nothing no 1/2 measures but he said he gauges when to leave a pub whilst not drinking when all the old stories start coming out or jokes and that happened last night, one guy descended into his repertoire of crap jokes so I made my apologies and left, all good in the hood tucked up in bed by 10 and no hangover.

Also a couple of these guys started chatting about their health and they are all knocking 50 so a good 15yrs older than me but they are all talking about having prostatis and passing blood and bits of bladder and how they can't any longer pee more than a dribble, defiantly one to ponder.

Also one said if you can't pee into a urinal at 2 foot back go and get your prostrate checked.

Man of Honour
OP
We'll keep it simple, so a St. Clements:

1 part orange juice
1 part bitter lemon
Orange/Lemon slice(s)

Stir equal parts of orange juice and bitter lemon with plenty of ice. Serve garnished with slices of orange and lemon.​

Caporegime
So been off since the 27th September and been through a few challenges, yesterday was a shoot day which usually means champagne & sloe gin followed by wine and lots of G&T's basically training for gout however have managed to stay off which has been pretty OK, I've driven to a lot of things which means no faffing with public transport or taxis.

Two points

There was a guy here at work who hasn't drunk in 15 years he was I think a bit like me all or nothing no 1/2 measures but he said he gauges when to leave a pub whilst not drinking when all the old stories start coming out or jokes and that happened last night, one guy descended into his repertoire of crap jokes so I made my apologies and left, all good in the hood tucked up in bed by 10 and no hangover.

Also a couple of these guys started chatting about their health and they are all knocking 50 so a good 15yrs older than me but they are all talking about having prostatis and passing blood and bits of bladder and how they can't any longer pee more than a dribble, defiantly one to ponder.

Also one said if you can't pee into a urinal at 2 foot back go and get your prostrate checked.

Is it ok if I come round your house to try the pee test....

Well done again mate on sticking it out... the No drinking ;) :D

Soldato
Had 4 pints last night :( however was the only time I was allowing myself due to it being the 20week scan...all is well with baby!

Back on it again today :)

Man of Honour
OP
It's time for something a little more substantial to keep you (and your friends)going over the weekend, Non-Alcoholic Sangria:

Serves 8

2 cups boiling water
2 black tea bags (or 2 teaspoons loose-leaf tea in an infuser)
2 cinnamon sticks
1/2 cup sugar
3 cups pomegranate juice
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 orange, sliced into thin rounds
1 lemon, sliced into thin rounds
1 lime, sliced into thin rounds
1 apple, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
3 cups carbonated water

In a large jar or pitcher, combine tea, cinnamon sticks, pomegranate juice, orange juice, orange, lemon, lime, and apple. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and preferably overnight.

Just before serving, stir in carbonated water. Serve in glasses over ice.​

Caporegime
Ahhhhh Saturday morning fresh as a daisy, time to do something productive.
Yes indeed :)

Had 4 pints last night :( however was the only time I was allowing myself due to it being the 20week scan...all is well with baby!

Back on it again today :)
Good man, climb aboard and keep an eye out for any other stragglers... oh and hope the scan went well :)

@Cosimo Cheers mate but I'll be fine, working both Sat and Sun night....

Soldato
I really need to cut down the drinking and/or drink in appropriate places.

Currently i drink more during the week than I do if I go out, I need to push it only to going out so the consumption and frequency drops.

Downside is i'm now enlisted in a test/research group for a marketing company which results in free beer + getting paid for it. First session is next tuesday... not a great start

Soldato
How did I miss this thread? Loving the virgin cocktails. Will have to make some at some point. I get pretty bored of lime and soda!

Back
Top Bottom