Opinions on Car Change

Soldato
Big step down on the inside though. 'orrible.
different strokes I guess. I had the 350z and that was cheap plastic horrible inside (otherwise the car was brilliant) . I always liked the inside of the 370 tho. only 2 seats..... I mean you probably ain't getting adults in the back of a TT either but small kids or extra shopping , they are more practical.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the replies and discussion, I've slept on it and chatted with my mate (who originally was just like yeah do it) and the main reasons given for not changing are what my mind has gone to. I would need to spend more than I want to (not more than I could) to get something newer enough to make it worth it and with at least a similar performance level. I think the best option is to get the outside refreshed (inside just needs a vacuum and wipe down lol), stone chips on the front, scratch on the wing, couple of trolly dents and two alloys, then get a professional valet and wax job thingy to make it look like it has just come off a showroom. Will make me hopefully love the outside again as much as I enjoy the driving itself.

It is a well (not excellently) looked after car. Serviced yearly regardless of mileage (BMW to 5 years, then local private garages locally).

I suppose another question I could ask is on this car is there anything I should consider having checked/replaced at 60k/10 years

Brake pads and spark plugs were done within the last year or so.

Soldato
Thanks for all the replies and discussion, I've slept on it and chatted with my mate (who originally was just like yeah do it) and the main reasons given for not changing are what my mind has gone to. I would need to spend more than I want to (not more than I could) to get something newer enough to make it worth it and with at least a similar performance level. I think the best option is to get the outside refreshed (inside just needs a vacuum and wipe down lol), stone chips on the front, scratch on the wing, couple of trolly dents and two alloys, then get a professional valet and wax job thingy to make it look like it has just come off a showroom. Will make me hopefully love the outside again as much as I enjoy the driving itself.

It is a well (not excellently) looked after car. Serviced yearly regardless of mileage (BMW to 5 years, then local private garages locally).

I suppose another question I could ask is on this car is there anything I should consider having checked/replaced at 60k/10 years

Brake pads and spark plugs were done within the last year or so.
As others said, if you do want more change then you could always modify it, although that can be a bit of a slippery slope.

Caporegime
@MissChief had his done, not sure what it entails/benefit is
better if he pipes in lol
I should clarify this my gearbox oil....

Had mine done in October last year. £350 all in from a ZF approved service centre in Glasgow. BMW say its not a service item, ZF say different, with 8 years or 60,000 miles I seem to remember. Car shifts seamlessly now, unless you're pushing on the only indication of a gear change is the rev counter dropping. I'd recommend it if it hasn't been done yet.

Back
Top Bottom