Opinions on HP ProLiant ML115 G5

Soldato
Hmm I'm going to buy an Intel Nic (better check the list now you have said that) and also check the HP raid controller card.

The Intel Pro 1000GT PCI card works well, but by the time you've added the RAID controller you may as well buy the ML110 G5 as that installs using the onboard SATA controller, but with no raid function.

Associate
You will need to purchase a new NIC, but it is fairly straight forward to get VMFS working with the SATA controller in the ML115.

I'll post more when I have time, Zaf will also have details on what to do.

Associate
I'm thinking of getting one of these to use as a cheap workstation. Can anyone recommend a basic PCI-e graphics card to put in and a pci sound card. I have an aversion to onboard graphics and I like to have music blasting from my pc while I work

Cheers

Mal

Associate
I'm thinking of getting one of these to use as a cheap workstation. Can anyone recommend a basic PCI-e graphics card to put in and a pci sound card. I have an aversion to onboard graphics and I like to have music blasting from my pc while I work

Cheers

Mal

Hi, Mines an ML115 G1 and I fitted a cheap ATI 2400 card and Sound Blaster se, all works "but" had a few issues with it not picking up the graphics card on first boot (OK now I filled all memory slots 3GB:confused:) and also watch out for the CPU heatsink it's very very close to the only PCI-E slot, someone also warned me about the psu in terms of output for high power cards,

Also Vista performance seemed sluggish but it did have a lot of stuff on thou so maybe just mine, now running XP,

Pleased with mine :)

Soldato
The Ml110 is pretty good and V3i installs fine, see the onboard and the intel NIC I've got. Not sure if it supports raid 5 as I don't have 3 drives in it but it does have 0,1 and JBOD.

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
just contacted the place doing the 115 for £93+vat and they offered to do it for the same

Nice one so you're getting free delivery then? The 115 are £89 now on the other site but its £15 next day delivery :( Ordered my 110 Last night but shipping is split with my bro so not to bad I guess

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
The £94 place are out of stock so canceled my order and got them from the other place for £99 They still have 200 in stock so get them now!

Soldato
Nope I've got the ML110 G5, I had a Intel 1000GT installed when I put ESX3i on it but the onboard NIC is now seen by ESX so don't know if it would install without the Intel now. ESX3 didn't install without the Intel NIC. You also need to put the SATA controller in SATA mode, not RAID or Auto.

Back
Top Bottom