Options for connecting a 10" monitor to android phone

Associate
Hi there.

Is it possible to connect an external touchscreen (preferably around 10") to an Android phone?

If so, what might my options be?

The reason I ask is that I currently use my phone as my entertainment system in my car but the screen is a bit small.

It has just occurred to me that if I could connect it to a mounted screen in my car, it might offer quite a nice solution (if doable).

Last edited:
Soldato
Depends on the phone, not all of them support display out via USB. Even then, I haven't tested it with a touchscreen, no idea if that part will work. Even if it does you may need to get a USB hub too as touch screens usually have the touch cable as a separate USB, so it could end up as a huge wire mess.

Alternative option, you can get a screen that supports Android Auto. I've no experience in how well these run however.

Associate
OP
Unfortunately, I own a car

that makes it really difficult to upgrade anything to do with the entertainment system.

I was hoping that the screen solution might be a clever way round things.

Soldato
As above just add something like a Carpuride screen and plug into the AUX socket for auido into your car.
You'll then have the full benefit of Android Auto, Google Assistant and dont need to keep plugging your phone in etc...its literally what these types of solutions are for and much better than a tablet hack job as a screen.

Back
Top Bottom