** OUR SECOND 8 PACK APPROVED OC BUNDLE: OVERCLOCKED, DISCOUNTED, ELITE TIER VERY FAST!! **

Associate
This hanging usually means its detecting a device plugged in. Remove all devices should be fine.

Right seems like it was the Samsung evo 850 SSD that was causing it to hang. I disconnected it and it went straight to Bios.

Im running the Samsung m.2 on a asus hyper adapter as main drive and the SSD as my games drive.

Is there anything i can change to make it boot to bios without me having to disconnect the drive every time?

p.s Running 4.12Ghz no problem. will try next stage!

Associate
Im having some trouble with my bundle. When i try to get into bios by pressing DEL or F12 to boot options it just hangs in black screen. I am running win10. if i restart pc it will boot into windows.

But no luck loading up the bios. any ideas?
I read in a review of this mobo that you can't get into the bios by pressing del or any key if you have fast boot enabled.
You can still get into it from windows using the gigabyte software.
If you have fast boot enabled it might well be that.

Associate
It's not that simple, I quite happily had it boot and I was able to access the BIOS via DEL until I plugged in all my USB devices used for the flight sim; hubs, goflight modules, controllers etc.

I still have fast boot on but the USB devices are only set to power up after the OS is started.

OcUK Staff
Correct fast boot is an issue I have seen this in my own testing from time to time with different hardware configuration.

I will report this to Gigabyte again and try get a definitive fix. If

Asa

Asa

Associate
Am I the only one that can't power down? Windows shuts down OK, but something keeps the PSU going so all the fans and lights run until I turn it off at the mains.

I've removed every component I can remove, so it's got to be the Mobo, memory, CPU, or the PSU itself. Tis the last niggly problem I can't seem to solve or work around.

Associate
Am I the only one that can't power down? Windows shuts down OK, but something keeps the PSU going so all the fans and lights run until I turn it off at the mains.

I've removed every component I can remove, so it's got to be the Mobo, memory, CPU, or the PSU itself. Tis the last niggly problem I can't seem to solve or work around.
are you by any chance using a display port cable to connect to a monitor?

Associate
I am, but it does the same thing without it (and with different GPUs).

i was just asking because when i had my new monitor, it came with a DP cable, but i brought another from somewhere else. after plugging the new one in, it would cause the system to do the same as yours(shut off but with all fans, psu leds etc all still running). after changing the cable back, the problem went away.

but if you have already tried all that then i guess its not that.

Associate
Well mine is now stuck in a boot loop, black screen, no post , just rebooting constantly ....... 100% ****ed off with it now, it went into sleep mode, then got stuck rebooting wouldn't come out of it, tried everything to remedy it to break the boot loop etc, nothing working, guess i'll be on the phone again tomorrow so you can have another motherboard back as this one seems to have bricked itself, clearing the cmos, and even as a last result trying to use the usb to reflash the bios does nothing ... to coin a phrase "Bag O ****e

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNQYsL8DyzY

Last edited:
Associate
did you get it sorted mingey

I've had the email from them to say they managed to flash the bios and get it to boot fine and constant etc, which is cracking news, but I would like to know how they managed that as I obviously tried that with Qflash etc and even though it was showing it had reflashed the bios, it still would not boot etc.

But I had 2 emails one saying they had to recover the bios, now it works etc, and boots fine and possible something corrupted the bios ( never using sleep mode again ), then a second email saying no fault found lol

Associate
Well mine is now stuck in a boot loop, black screen, no post , just rebooting constantly ....... 100% ****ed off with it now, it went into sleep mode, then got stuck rebooting wouldn't come out of it, tried everything to remedy it to break the boot loop etc, nothing working, guess i'll be on the phone again tomorrow so you can have another motherboard back as this one seems to have bricked itself, clearing the cmos, and even as a last result trying to use the usb to reflash the bios does nothing ... to coin a phrase "Bag O ****e

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNQYsL8DyzY

Just read your post now!! Mine started playing up about a week ago too! Boot loop, Black screen, BIOS corrupt error, ntoskrnl.exe error, operating system cant be loaded , just error after error!!

So is it SSD or MOBO?

Thanks

Associate
my first motherboard was saying it was corrupt. everything seems to be running fine at the minute for me accept a few bad cold starts now and again. although i really do not like this mother board and have thought about swapping it out for something else

Asa

Asa

Associate
i was just asking because when i had my new monitor, it came with a DP cable, but i brought another from somewhere else. after plugging the new one in, it would cause the system to do the same as yours(shut off but with all fans, psu leds etc all still running). after changing the cable back, the problem went away.

but if you have already tried all that then i guess its not that.

Just saw some activity on the topic and noticed your post. Ty for the advice, but yeah it's not the cable this time.

Not to worry, I think I've come up with a reasonable workaround. I am going to try and buy a new house with a spare room that I can put the PC in, so the lights and fans won't bother anyone.

Soldato
I had a bad motherboard and ram first time around. I yet again have bad ram. :\ Pc was stuck in boot loop on stock settings, memory management error as soon as it would load windows aswell. Took out 2 sticks of 4. Boom works like a dream. Love ocuk but i think this ram wasn't suitable for this bundle

Associate
yeah, i had issues with the ram after about 24hrs of it being set up.

I dont know how many of these posts are from the black friday sales, but this seems to be a very common issue, and if most are from that sale of 60 units (iirc), thats quite a shocking ratio

Associate
Motherboard came back the other day, will get round to rebuilding it next week, once case is reassembled, this is the second rma, first time was a faulty ram slot, second was stuck in boot loop, couldn't shift it, having second thoughts about using the motherboard, as draining the loop gets expensive chucking coolant away.

Back
Top Bottom