Over-rated / terrible movies?

Soldato
This thread is so pointless.. You cannot justify some of these and others you can, but only to your taste. It's like trying to justify what is the best colour and why.

Associate
I'd agree with most of the honorable mentions above for horrible films (anything by disney, last bond film etc) As for overated, I'd go with anything that's won the Oscar for best picture since 2010ish.
Not seen all best pictures but Coda was outstanding.

Soldato
This kinda proves my point earlier. I know people love them but I absolutely despise the Kill Bill movies.
They're such corny derivative piece of crap thst don't do justice to any of the genres he was copying. Hate them.

Caporegime
Only one really stands out for me, and I know some fans swear blind it's like the best movie ever made, but I'm going with Interstellar.

I am a big fan of Nolan films in general, but this is the only one that I though was both sub-par AND terribly over-hyped. I know some people that have named their children after characters in the film, that's how much they love it.

Memento, The Prestige, Inception, and the Batman trilogy (especially The Dark Knight) are all WAY better imo.

Soldato
Only one really stands out for me, and I know some fans swear blind it's like the best movie ever made, but I'm going with Interstellar.

I am a big fan of Nolan films in general, but this is the only one that I though was both sub-par AND terribly over-hyped. I know some people that have named their children after characters in the film, that's how much they love it.

Memento, The Prestige, Inception, and the Batman trilogy (especially The Dark Knight) are all WAY better imo.
Ban request.

Memento, The Prestige, Inception, and the Batman trilogy (especially The Dark Knight) are all WAY better imo

Interstellar 9/10 movie, they dont come along very often.

aLwIM9A.gif

Last edited:
Soldato
The Godfather films. Grade A 'meh' from me and I like those style of films.

My favourite films are: True Romance + LA Confidential + The Prestige

Last edited:
Soldato

Nah, I agree with you.

Well, I wouldn't say it was terrible, I certainly wouldn't be listing it in this thread, I've seen far worse, but......

Overrated - yes
Average at best - yes
Would be in a rush to see again - no

I can't even really remember what happens, I remember them making a big point about the time dilation, where they spend like 11 minutes on a planet or something and the guy is like 30 years older. That's about it.

Caporegime
I can't even really remember what happens, I remember them making a big point about the time dilation, where they spend like 11 minutes on a planet or something and the guy is like 30 years older. That's about it.
And tbh, that was the only part I thought was kinda cool, the ending was trash in my eyes, which pulled down the decent rest of the film down to average for me.

Soldato
And tbh, that was the only part I thought was kinda cool, the ending was trash in my eyes, which pulled down the decent rest of the film down to average for me.
Yea ending was pretty horrific, falling into a blackhole and coming out fine lol.
Oh..and the stuff about "love" being some kind of force in the universe, yet if that's true then all strong feelings would be "hate" etc.

Back
Top Bottom