Overwatch

Associate
Stylistically it reminds me of SMNC. (Gameplay is different, of course.)

I, too, signed up for Beta. It looks like it could be fun.

No idea why they are trying to break into an already saturated market but then again their moba is the same imo, Regardless not my cup of team so I wont be paying, I mean playing come release.

Not picking on you but just using you as a succinct quote.

Blizzard seem to like doing this (taking on an existing 'game type'. It worked for WoW because they made it a lot more casual friendly. Seems as if they are trying to do the same with Heroes of the STorm. I don't know if team shooters need that though...

And...what computer game market isn't saturated? Further, if is isn't popular is it one you want to get into? On the one hand it could be a great opportunity to be original and seize the early territory...on the other there could be a reason that the genre has little competition.

Last edited:
Soldato
TF2 is superb, it offers quite a lot and takes a lot of time to master the different playing styles..

If this can become anything close to TF2 then they have a real winner on there hands.

Soldato
I think its funny someone asked if there would be hats. I bet they'd love to make some easy cash from those kinda micro transactions. Same goes for skins.

Soldato
I don't see why developers don't put cosmetic micro transactions into games now tbh.

Its a great idea to get more money and people love buying cosmetics for games they enjoy.

Soldato
I don't see why developers don't put cosmetic micro transactions into games now tbh.

Its a great idea to get more money and people love buying cosmetics for games they enjoy.

I'm of two minds on this.

As long as the items you can buy don't really change the game play mechanics it's not too bad. But even with TF2 there are some crazy "expensive" items in game because they are so rare, I see people running around with gold weapons and unusual hats quite a lot!

Soldato
Which is why he said cosmetic. But yeah I'm not really a fan of being able to buy weapons in TF2, but the default are the best anyway imo.

Soldato
I would imagine that the payment model will be something along the lines of Smite/LoL (Although not 100% sure on LoLs or DOTA). Free to play characters on a set rotation or a 1 off payment for all characters and future characters. Perhaps a drop system for loot boxes that require keys to open or flat out purchasing skins etc.

Considering they are on about introducing more playable characters and do not seem to have a limit on those they want to release it is the only financially viable way for them to do it

Soldato
I got the impression that they plan to add heroes often. I guess they will sell them similar to LoL. Which is fair enough.

I am hoping that the initial game costs money and comes with a bunch of heroes though. If it's free the game is going to be plagued by cheaters. I also hope they have a comprehensive league and matchmaking system like CS:Go.

It's a very refreshing direction for Blizzard, love the new art style which is much more Disney/Pixar in style. It could be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom