Password managers! (Fed up of lastpass!)

DHR

DHR

Soldato
I've used lastpass for years, particularly the autofill across apps and devices.

I've had a few reoccurring autofill bugs with it of late and realised I'd not checked out what else is out there.

What are people using these days to better it?

Associate
Bitwarden here too. Moved from Keepass & passwords saved in browsers a few years ago after trying out various options. Had no issues with it.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Proton Pass here.

Used lastpass, didnt get on with Bitwarden.

But Proton Pass does exactly what I need, its a little rough around the edges as its a relative newcomer but the core functionality is great.

Associate
Bitwarden. I used LastPass for a few weeks but with the amount of bugs in their frontend there’s no way I’d trust them to store passwords

Associate
I have moved to Bitwarden following Lastpass suffering yet another security breach. You can now directly connect to Lastpass from within Bitwarden to import what you have in Lastpass.

Associate
I use bitwarden myself - but I'm wondering, how's everyone dealing with 2FA authentication? Mainly the backup passwords, is everyone storing those on their password managers or storing them somewhere physically?

Soldato
Tried them all, bitwarden was the first and its decent but imo it never quite worked as reliable and good as Lastpass desktop PC use does.

I actually tried nordpass, bitwarden, keepass, samsungpass and several others for few days each since I really wanted to test the competition vs Lastpass and nothing came as friendly, simple and just worked as well as Lastpass desktop experience does. Certain websites either did not track or autofill properly and the notes were limited to characters/text or not easy to do at all.

It feels like all these password managers are confused which way to go, desktop or mobile so they sort of tried to cater to both and not very well and you can see that when you use LP desktop
version its clearly designed for the desktop experience properly and not for mobile.

Having said that the LP mobile version is not the best either and unreliable, I tried samsung pass and that is equally as terrible its obsessed with relogging in constantly which gets frustrating and half the time doesn't tag websites or apps correctly forcing manual copy/paste but this is pretty much the same with the mobile versions I tried.

Despite the LP security issues it takes guts to admit fault and to address its problems and id rather be with a company that does that then to hide it, you can of course beef up the security
yourself LP has given plenty options for customers to do this.

Back
Top Bottom