Payraise.. how much do you expect? how much did you get?

Soldato
You'd like to think there will be pay rises aplenty this year due to minimum wage going up by the best part of 10%. It's going to squeeze certain jobs for sure. I had 5% last year, no idea about this year yet, hoping for the same, but unlikely.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure if I commented already, but this year, we got kind of stiffed on raises. Our private company bought another large company, so between wanting to pay down debt for that, and being uncertain about the economic outlook, they short changed us. This wasn't just me. Even someone with an exceptional review (That I helped mentor through the year) got 0.8% more than me. Going to dust off the resume and see what's out there.

Soldato
You'd like to think there will be pay rises aplenty this year due to minimum wage going up by the best part of 10%. It's going to squeeze certain jobs for sure. I had 5% last year, no idea about this year yet, hoping for the same, but unlikely.
Rise in minimum/living wages has absorbed huge amounts of some companies pay budgets add in a significant increase for those in the next rules up to maintain a gap from the bottom and suddenly there isn’t much left for the rest of us! I’m not complaining too much as I appreciate that I am lucky to earn what I do and being envious of those at the very bottom getting an increase is just off but is is irritating seeing my wages eroded!

Soldato
13.6% payrise
7.5% bonus

Was hoping for a bigger payrise more like 20% but i'll take it, its better than a kick in the arse I suppose.

I got 12% last year but that was because I got a promotion, I got shafted on that really because everyoine else got 5% cost of living, so effectively 7% for working a more senior position, hence I was after more like 20%.

Oh well, back to playing pubg for the rest of the afternoon.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
14.5% bonus, 3.5% raise.

To be honest, I was envisaging more. My performance was graded much better than PY, in which I got a 14% bonus, and I gained a lot of new responsibilities mid-year.

I realise I’m still fortunate to get anything, but given the effort I put in all year I am a little disappointed.

Caporegime
I had my performance related salary review today.

Congratulations, you are the highest rated performer in the team.
But you only joined last May so we are not going to give you a salary increase.
That's pretty poor. And now you'll have to wait another year making it 20 months without a pay review. I'd be challenging that personally. I find that grossly unfair. Or at least request a review after a year in service.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had my performance related salary review today.

Congratulations, you are the highest rated performer in the team.
But you only joined last May so we are not going to give you a salary increase.
Tell them you want the 11/12 share of the pay rise.

Soldato
Payrise will probably be in line with April inflation data, even though it wasn’t last year (as they said that high inflation was temporary - that’s not how it works if this year they give us a payrise based on annual inflation…).

Bonus of 10% expected.

Soldato
What is a **** take though, is I earned £930 more in 23/24 than I did 22/23, and I'm working a more senior position.....

There are not any zeros missing in that figure either.

Considering everything is costing 50% as much, I've certainly felt it over the past year.

Soldato
What is a **** take though, is I earned £930 more in 23/24 than I did 22/23, and I'm working a more senior position.....

There are not any zeros missing in that figure either.

Considering everything is costing 50% as much, I've certainly felt it over the past year.
Ouch, I don’t think many have been immune to the pinch cause by rampant inflation it has outstripped the wages of pretty much every one by a massive amount!

Back
Top Bottom