*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Soldato
I;ve got £40 of credit on my steam account so might grab the link.

anyone use it over 100mbit ethernet? and how easy is it to setup with a Xbox 360 pad?

Obviously not used it yet, but I've researched quite a bit, touch and go wireless, very reliable via cable, "flawless" with a 360 pad, both wired and wireless.

Apparently.... Was enough to win me over

Associate
yeah, the Steam Link through wired network from a reasonable PC (GTX 970 and devils canyon i7, so reasonable, but not elite tier) and it's great. sit on the sofa and play suitable games on a larger TV.

Soldato
Just one thing of note with the Steam link. It launches into big picture mode but if you quit out of that it just mirrors your entire desktop. Plug in a mouse/keyboard to it and you can use the pc on the tv. I use it all the time for that. Have twitch.tv play in the browser and watch downstairs, or skysports via their website.

Soldato
How necessary is it to have the steam controller? I mean can you easily get by without it or its mandatory to have it with the link?

TBH most of the games I've really enjoyed via the link are the ones that use an xbox controller. I think most of my couch time has been on ME2 and 3 with an unofficial xbox controller patch.

I can't get on with the steam controller at all.

Associate
Just one thing of note with the Steam link. It launches into big picture mode but if you quit out of that it just mirrors your entire desktop. Plug in a mouse/keyboard to it and you can use the pc on the tv. I use it all the time for that. Have twitch.tv play in the browser and watch downstairs, or skysports via their website.

Well that is awesome news

Soldato

I also log in to my Dad's sky Go account on my PC and stream the footy to my TV using the above method. :)

Soldato
You can get it for £27.64 @ Battle.net. Just change region to US on the top right. Game is not region locked for US/EU so the conversion rate should come to around 27.64

Will buying Overwatch from the US shop have any impact on my friends list when I play it though? Or can I just switch back to UK/EU region and play it as normal with my UK/EU friends list intact?

Associate
Will buying Overwatch from the US shop have any impact on my friends list when I play it though? Or can I just switch back to UK/EU region and play it as normal with my UK/EU friends list intact?

Does it state it's US version?

You can be banned for buying games from different regions.

Back
Top Bottom