pc to TV

Associate
What TV do you have? The 7900 XTX has DisplayPort 2.1 and HDMI 2.1, both support 4K @ 144Hz although of the two DP has higher bandwidth capabilities. If your TV supports DisplayPort 2.0 or higher get a DisplayPort 2.0/2.1 certified cable, otherwise get a HDMI 2.1 certified cable.

Last edited:
Soldato
Should be fine over HDMI with the right cable. Only Geforce users have problems with this :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Should be fine over HDMI with the right cable. Only Geforce users have problems with this :D

Yeah there's no need to skimp on HDMI cables..I got an 8k certifed 4 meter one for about £16 IIRC..it was only that much as it was a bit longer than standard... nice plugs and braided cable too.

Last edited:
Associate
I find when I am connected to my TV via HDMI in 4K and I switch off my TV but leave the PC running, often when powering up the TV again, it will revert to 1080p. I have to reinstall the Nvidia drivers to fix it.
That sounds like the tv HDMI is not picking up the graphics card signal due to a HDMI handshake delay. Could be caused by the PC going to sleep/hibernation or by tv settings. Have you tried tv game mode if it has it (newer tvs do) and is your tv firmware upto date? Also have you set up the pc settings for 4k in nvidia control panel under control panel "Display / "Set resolution" (you can google/Youtube guides how to do it)

Man of Honour

Even with an AMD GPU some TVs only support the lowest latency operation over DisplayPort, and/or PC/Gaming mode only works via a specific HDMI or DP connection and/or VRR only works on a specific port or port(s), etc. you need to know details of the display really to advise best.

Soldato
Even with an AMD GPU some TVs only support the lowest latency operation over DisplayPort, and/or PC/Gaming mode only works via a specific HDMI or DP connection and/or VRR only works on a specific port or port(s), etc. you need to know details of the display really to advise best.
Do any TVs have DisplayPort yet?

Man of Honour
Do any TVs have DisplayPort yet?

Some of the gaming oriented ones do and stuff sold into the TV space like the Philips Momentum line which in some cases are just large monitors optimised for console gaming but technically just a monitor rather than having any TV features.

EDIT: Seems like it is something which is diverging again just as it was starting to become a thing:

Last edited:
Associate
Was going to ask a similar question, if a LG G3 OLED could be used for PC gaming? I was thinking of getting a new PC but thought of using my TV rather than a monitor.

Does anyone do this? How is it?

Man of Honour
Was going to ask a similar question, if a LG G3 OLED could be used for PC gaming? I was thinking of getting a new PC but thought of using my TV rather than a monitor.

Does anyone do this? How is it?
Of course you can .

As long as you sit far enough away to be comfortable then go for it.

Have you got a big one ? :D

Last edited:
Associate
Of course you can .

As long as you sit far enough away to be comfortable then go for it.

Have you got a big one ? :D
haha, depends on what you're talking about. TV yes.

I have a 77in G3, I sit about 8ft away. I fancy getting a new PC, but dont know if I can be bothered going up to a spare room to use it

Back
Top Bottom