Picked up my new car this weekend........955hp V10 Audi RS6! (HP figure updated 08/10/22)

Caporegime
Yup, definitely a keeper. I appreciate the fun the project brings but you've not used it half as much as you should have and you'll not really make its cost back.
Plus what are you gonna find that's as fun?!

Soldato
OP
I still haven't worked out whether it was the heated seat or something else making me so sticky

Sure I've mentioned this before but just in-case - My "drifty" R34 Skyline made an old fella pee himself during a charity track day, left a hand sized pee-print on my seat which the next passenger (young lad with GF) pointed out as he got in. As I'm a very bad man I said the last passenger had just spilled his drink so I'll clean it first, to which the young fella said "Naw, it'll be reet" and jumped in :D

Keep it and make it miley. 200,000 mile 920HP car brings new cred. Haha

Already at 112k miles, not long now :D

Plus what are you gonna find that's as fun?!

Nothing that fast. However after selling a stupidly fast car I tend to by 1-2 "normal" cars like Mondeos etc for a few years which act as palate cleansers so the next fast car I buy then feels fast again, compared to the normal cars.

Soldato
Is this thread really 6 yrs old - It was just like yesterday when Ian posted the picture of a dream car (for me that is) and I have just read all 29 pages again.
What a car :eek::eek::eek:.

Am I the only one that prefers the sound of a big block V8 with open pipes to the high reving sound of modern cars with their pops and crackles.
like the member who had that Skoda - If I could have bought it the first thing I would have done was put a quieter exhaust on - I would do the same to yours Ian.
Don't misunderstand me it's a fantastic car but my bench mark with exhaust sound is Santa Pod in 1965 (or there about) when all the Yanks were here with V8's and we had never heard anything like it before. :)

Soldato
OP
Then once I'm back in the UK permanently, either in October or, worst case, Spring I'll see how much the potential value vs a house deposit works out. I mean I'll sell it but I need to decide how long to keep it for first.

Well it looks like it'll be in October so IC's and Remap before Xmas, maybe even before I start my new job :D

Soldato
OP
Had the uprated Wagner Intercoolers fitted this week by Unit20, next up is a remap to make full benefit of them which will increase the "mapped deliberately low" torque figure to where it should be and generally update both the ECU and GB maps with things like multi-fuel maps & switchable pops and bangs etc maps which have now become available in the 6 years since mine got done.

OEM vs Wagner - the frontal size of the Wagner (on the left) is identical to the OEM ones (right) but it's double the thickness and has better geometry casting around the inlets for less restrictions.

U8fuOGZ.jpg

The KWE I/C's which were fitted to mine as part of the 900hp+ package were the same thickness as the OEM ones but they had a bigger frontal area (good) with very poor geometry around the inlets (bad) leading to a few power/flow restrictions at the top end so, as I've seen these Wagners flow well on cars with almost 1100hp, it'll be good to see what extra power/TQ we can get out of the TTE850+ turbos on mine with these fitted. I'm guessing around 930hp-ish, maybe more depending on the turbos.

Soldato
OP
Had it detailed at Signature Group in Stoke with a paint correction, ceramic coating applied and a small leather repair to the drivers seat bolster. It'd only ever been waxed by myself since ownership and, in the past 4 years I've been abroad without driving it much, it's only had an occasional basic Hand Wash so I knew that now I'm back it needed some serious TLC.

The paint itself on the horizontal areas (roof & bonnet) wasn't too bad for swirls, damage etc but there were still obvious issues however the vertical areas like the doors were really, really bad, especially on the bottom half. Plus on the left side there were a few long but light scratches (front arch to back door!) caused by the hedgerows of Kent when idiots in Range Rovers or similar sized SUV's (usually female driven) would barrel down a single track country road at 60mph+ believing the road was only for them meaning I had to dive out of the way to avoid a head-on.

The weather is dog-poo at the moment so once I get a little bit of sun I'll post up a few more "post" pics but here's what I'd been sent during the process, alongside a few vid's (not shared) of the various processes being carried out. I'm extremely happy with Signature Group in Stoke who carried out the work and would recommend them without issue.

A decent Snow Foam and hand wash to start with.

mXsPaeH.jpg

Iron residue absolutely everywhere, in the Vid they sent there is a massive dark purple puddle under the car. Plus lots of smaller tar spots all over. Basically it was a bit of a mess.

otvCYpl.jpg

Wheels off and arches given a good thorough cleaning too. See how the water is clinging to the bottom half of the door and the paint almost looks like it's has a cloudy/milky surface finish (more obvious IRL). The Alloys could probably do with a refurb to be 100% but the current condition is fine TBH with only a very slight amount of curbing (maybe 1cm max per alloy).

SImoZI1.jpg

The amount of baked in dirt, contamination, build-up etc removed before it even got clayed was pretty shocking too, even though I knew it would be bad.

8FZCIJ9.jpg

Getting masked up for the first set of paint correction.

spA8vFK.jpg

Ceramic coating being applied under way.

AILQdKL.jpg

Whilst the bonnet wasn't all that swirled in the first place, it's now perfect alongside the rest of the panels. The "sparkle" in the metallic/pearl paint when in sunlight/bright-light really stands out now whereas it was previously it was quite dulled down, especially on the doors/arches where it looked like the clear-coat had gone almost gone cloudy/milky.

oMyFtKf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom