Pico 4 out soon?

Associate

looks interesting.

Underboss
From my POV

if the FOV is a lot better than the quest 2, i might pre order a pico 4

minimum for me is -

Wireless PC gaming (like the Quest2 can at least)
Better FOV than the Quest 2

apparently this is a dedicated gaming machine, unlike the Cambria (Quest 2 pro which isn't, so very expensive)

this is (i hope) price wise very close to Quest 2 as it stands

should be good :)

Associate
I think the FOV is slightly better than the Q2 but where the pico is supposed to really shine is pcvr with it's uncompressed displayport connection.

Soldato
pico is supposed to really shine is pcvr with it's uncompressed displayport connection

Works out better than that. Save probably the Varjo, it works out the best PCVR solution visually with current available hardware. If the 4 can match up to the value of the Neo 3, and be a worthwhile take for the specs, I've zero qualms with going with Pico again. The build quality of the 3 is rock solid, the value adds make the complete package.

Associate
My Neo 3 link arrived this morning to my surprise..ordered from systemactive on wednesday afternoon didn't receive a dispatch notice it just turned up with royal mail.
First impressions..i don't like the facial interface it is the return of VR face...the image itself is at least as good as the Q2 & i think the FOV is a bit better..the controllers are not as good quality in my opinion but that's a personal thing.
It was a bit of a bugger getting it to connect to steam but sussed it in the end & the quality is superb..seems to have 1 dead pixel but not noticeable most of the time & there is zero screendoor in fact it's very hard to see any pixel structure at all.
Anyhoo will keep playing and i will report anything else of interest as time goes by.

Associate
OP
seems to have 1 dead pixel
another forum member here has had this problem, puts me right off a vr headset when i see people having these issues. how do they let these things through quality control, don't they check them before sending them out?

Associate
OP
there is a pico 3 thread for that headset

but i will just say the Pico 3 link is the BETA version to the pico 4, now Pico are really pushing the pico 4, and this should arrive in the next 2 months
1 good thing about buying a pico 3 now if u are interested in the pico 4 is i think u get 1/3 off the price of a 4 if you're a 3 purchaser.

Back
Top Bottom