Pillow talk.

Associate
As Housey said it's subjective. I get Migraines if I sleep wrong and just every few months have to change.

My issue is shelling out £££ then sending them to the tip, so somewhat reluctant to try the £££. last ones were a dunelm walkthough. I use one Dunelm and one M n S one hah

Associate
A Relyon (previously Dunlopillo) Super Comfort Latex pillow. Pick one - there's a version for side sleepers or one for back sleepers. Mine cost about £65 from memory and I wouldn't use anything else. Heavy and doesn't go flat.

Soldato
I was a long-term neck pain sufferer and tried many pillows over the years until I bought this back in 2021: https://amzn.eu/d/0eqCVcD

It’s the most comfortable and supportive pillow I’ve ever used and my post-sleep neck pain has all but vanished! It was great value for money and is still providing the same level of support 3 years later!

Associate
I was a long-term neck pain sufferer and tried many pillows over the years until I bought this back in 2021: https://amzn.eu/d/0eqCVcD

It’s the most comfortable and supportive pillow I’ve ever used and my post-sleep neck pain has all but vanished! It was great value for money and is still providing the same level of support 3 years later!
Thanks scratch, interestingly, that design is the last sort of design I had for any length of time, it lasted about a year until it weakened and the migraines started again. Hate waking up with a migraine hah.

Perhaps I just need a decent branded one, like the link you sent. hmmm

Soldato
I suffer from chronic migraines and started physio last week to see if that helps. So far so good but got neck pain too so my physio suggested a groove pillow, has anyone tried one? It's this one here:

Seems similar to the one @scratch posted. Like @Manbatius also mentioned I've spent a small fortune on pillows over the years and never really found one that suits me. Currently got the Relyon one and it was great at first but lately I just can't sleep on it. I'm mainly a side sleeper too.

Soldato
If price happens to be a concern then the pillow I linked to is showing a 25% discount voucher atm, taking it down to £27ish delivered.

I use mine with the “prongs” facing forwards and it gives great support as a side sleeper. It goes everywhere with me

Caporegime
John lewis had loads of pillows the last time I was in there if you want to go and test any out.

I think they had about 20 different pillows in the Newcastle store

Associate
John lewis had loads of pillows the last time I was in there if you want to go and test any out.

I think they had about 20 different pillows in the Newcastle store
Know what I'm doing next time I'm in Newcastle then.

As a pillow update the borrowed memory foam one ended up uncomfortable. So switched back to two old flat ones.

They're just ok. But if they get mixed up its a morning migraine. (Happens more often than you'd think, young kids who jump about and launch pillows)

Soldato
You’ve got to do your own assessment on this one i’m afraid. I found the temper pillows to be amazing and even went and got the travel pillow! It’s a bit small though - the travel one that is.

They’re quite pricey and funnily enough my pillows cost more than the mattress but that’s what I like and find comfy! You can test drive them for 30 days, go on and buy medium size for each type and try them all for a few nights, find which one you like best. Keep it and send the rest back!

You could even go the full hog and find other companies that do the same and test them.

Soldato
I use One of these. Ben thru hundreds of pillows as always fail after a while but this one has been quite good and can adjust it to suit

I bought it from the ebay shop, was £50 off

Soldato
Do simba pillow have a trial period ...

Our local dry cleaners want £18/ natural pillow, lady said they take 2-3 drying sessions so lots of energy, but that's 1/3d of what I'd want to pay for new pillow,
admittedly had washed some pillows out & natural duvet in the bath (over night soak) during last heat 22 heat wave, and never thought it would finish drying on the whirly line.

Soldato
I use One of these. Ben thru hundreds of pillows as always fail after a while but this one has been quite good and can adjust it to suit

I bought it from the ebay shop, was £50 off
I have 2 of those and paid a fraction and hated them shortly after.

Associate
A Relyon (previously Dunlopillo) Super Comfort Latex pillow. Pick one - there's a version for side sleepers or one for back sleepers. Mine cost about £65 from memory and I wouldn't use anything else. Heavy and doesn't go flat.
Ive had mine since May 2017 but one side of it has lumps on the top, im contemplating cutting the cover to yank them out. The default cover it came with is really discoloured after 5+ years of use so use different cover now.

This one yeah, cost me £56 back in 2017, £110 now on Amazon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom