Planet Coaster

Associate
OP
The £20 one has beta if bought today, that goes tomorrow when it all moves to steam and the only thing available then are 2 release versions, no other perks anywhere.
Alpha alone is £30 extra, and theres 3mo till launch and a beta in that time too.

17th Nov, is the date iirc. Its been mentioned in the last weeks worth of posts if you wanna be sure.

Underboss
Think I'll get the £20 deal today, not going to pay an extra £30 for Alpha when it almost at beta.

Looking forward to it, played the first alpha on my friends PC, was very nice and they have improved it hugely since then.

Soldato
The £20 one has beta if bought today, that goes tomorrow when it all moves to steam and the only thing available then are 2 release versions, no other perks anywhere.
Alpha alone is £30 extra, and theres 3mo till launch and a beta in that time too.

17th Nov, is the date iirc. Its been mentioned in the last weeks worth of posts if you wanna be sure.

Are you sure you get the beta/alpha if you order today? Can't see it mentioned anywhere on the site...

Associate

I can't seem to find any relation to Beta access for the £20 game, Seems Alpha Bundle will obviously get access to Beta.

It seems £20 is just for the final consumer release, Which is fine by me if that is the case still.

If i get Beta that is just a bonus :D

Soldato
The Steam integration is the best move they could've possibly done, there are already over 1000 user created items on there and the 3rd stage of the Alpha only went live at 6:30pm last night. :cool:

It makes creating areas so much easier, I prefer just designing coasters rather than messing around with the buildings tools in this.

Soldato
Think you can generate a key already on there site, Login and should be around there somewhere, They did say if its not been generated to contact there support.

Such a strange way of doing things is this. I can't even find a key when I log in. I can see where it says the order is completed, but when I go to "my key purchases" or "product access key" there is nothing there.

Soldato
ok, so the pre-order for £20 doesn't give me any early access or access through Steam? Reading the section there on your link, seems I'll get a Steam key once the game launches fully, but looks like I wont be able to play early if I'm reading that correctly.

Associate
ok, so the pre-order for £20 doesn't give me any early access or access through Steam? Reading the section there on your link, seems I'll get a Steam key once the game launches fully, but looks like I wont be able to play early if I'm reading that correctly.

Ah no the £20 doesn't give you early access (Alpha) that's an additional £30!

But it does seem like normal pre-order will get Beta

If you're a standard pre-order customer then you probably won't be able to generate a key until the beta goes live (likely 2-2½ months down the line).
https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sh...-to-Steam/page32?p=88800&viewfull=1#post88800

Soldato
veeLp1ch.jpg

What I've been working on tonight, two disappointments for me with this update is the water (it looks nice but it isn't fluid, can't make waterfalls etc) and the performance.
It runs dreadfully (i7 4.5Ghz, 980Ti, 16GB RAM) had to drop it down to 1080p and I'm still struggling to get a consistent 60fps. Changing the graphics settings seemingly does little too. :confused:

Associate
OP
Yeah, the videos they'd shown of water when they'd added waterfalls they'd faked it using the VFX stuff which looked fairly weak really. I was hoping it'd be similar to Cities Skyline where its dynamic, and i cant remember what they said on the livestream when asked about it, whether it'd be dynamic for release or not.

Im a tad concerned that looking at that image the map size might feel a little small for doing much with terrain and its obviously a fair bit smaller than even the smaller UK parks let alone the the likes of Alton Towers or the big US ones. You'd get maybe 1 'zone' of Disneyland, like frontier land, let alone all of them, forget Epcot, MGM etc for obvious reasons (Cities Skyline might even struggle even at its scale) .

Magic Kingdom (the park everyone thinks of as Disneyworld etc) - http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/disney-magic-kingdom-map.jpg

Disney Resort - http://www.mappery.com/maps/Disney-World-Map.jpg or http://s4.thingpic.com/images/X1/y8cTof4eevtcW64BxTRYXq2K.jpeg

The novelty scaling doesnt help, but theres a 1 mile oval just randomly placed in the middle there :D From memory, i'd say the Paris park is of a similar size too. If its punishing high-end hardware then it doesnt bode well for seeing that increased at release.

Also, back onto water, i read there was 4 versions in this alpha, we saw 3 from Gamescom - still, 'wavey', and swamp water. If there is a 4th, what is it?

Back
Top Bottom