Playseat & Microsoft Wheel Review

Soldato
OP
Guys i will edit some of the posts to answer a few of your questions but it wont be to later tonight.

I also havnt touched on the performance of the wheel and really given enough of a report on the gaming aspect, particulary in how the wheel and seat as a combination benifit gaming.

That will be added with the conclusion etc.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Review my arse, you just wanted to wave your willy...........

Only joking ;)

Great write-up and pics, it looks like an awsome setup you have there :cool:

Shame I don't have the space/spare cash for something similar :(

Associate
Great guide and an awesome set up. I have not seen such a clean looking room since I before had kids! Within 30 seconds there would be fire trucks over the screen and marker pens on the nice seat!
How many of us want to go to the loft and expand our gaming in there! I look 4ward th the next installment.
KJ

Caporegime
Excellent work Mr Latte look forward to reading the rest. Never considered a seat til now. I have the room in my games room, i'm sorely tempted.

Will show the finance assistant when she gets home, see what she thinks. Can you post link as to where you bought it?

Caporegime
It looks cleaned up a lot from the older pictures of your loft? Different angle or have all the shelves/cabinets that used to house the xbox's gone.

Sadly we will forever be mortal enemies due to that Hill picture :p

Geez no wonder you like the forza demo lap after lap after lap on the same track. Your a test driver just like Hill. ;)

Associate
Tis a shame something like the G25 wheel doesnt work on the 360. That whole setup you got going there deserves better than the MS 360 wheel. Still - looks like the ultimate Forza 2 experience and im mighty jealous :(

Bet you cant wait for Forza 2 now :)

Soldato
Mr Latte have you come across a product that is like just the front end of the playseat? The pedal and wheel bit. . I need something that I can use with the seat that's there already.

Great review btw, nice pics :cool:

Soldato
OP
monkeyspank said:
Mr Latte have you come across a product that is like just the front end of the playseat? The pedal and wheel bit. . I need something that I can use with the seat that's there already.

Great review btw, nice pics :cool:

Once again thanks to all that enjoyed looking and reading.

If you search on AV Forums you will find people that have come across such a device for approx £50+ cant remember the price exactly but its a foldable table type frame thingy, seems not too bad and think its available on a popular auction site.

Soldato
OP
dannyjo22 said:
Geez no wonder you like the forza demo lap after lap after lap on the same track. Your a test driver just like Hill. ;)

Ha come on now.
Damon was an excellent 2nd driver that inherated a winning car, still nice ole chap wasnt he. Talking of drivers how much you give me for a signed Ayrton and Mansell Picture?

Soldato
OP
skullman said:
Bet you cant wait for Forza 2 now :)

Now Jumpurs, Mr Men, Dirty Dog will understand why ive been lets say rather excited about it.

I agree , wish the R25 worked with the X360 but Che said they have had discussions with Logitec so its possible it may happen and if not with the R25 a future product. At least the Microsoft wheel works with the PC, this too looks excellent on the Projector.

Associate
I've always rated projectors highly for gaming, but surprised Latte hasnt got 3 360's and 3 plasmas for surround vision.

Associate
Mr Latte said:
Ha come on now.
Damon was an excellent 2nd driver that inherated a winning car, still nice ole chap wasnt he.

proof that you've played too many video games if ever it was needed ;)

Caporegime
Mr Latte said:
Ha come on now.
Damon was an excellent 2nd driver that inherated a winning car, still nice ole chap wasnt he. Talking of drivers how much you give me for a signed Ayrton and Mansell Picture?

As signed by Mr Latte or Mr senna :D

If your 100% sure that is Senna's sig with Mansells you have got to be looking at around the 5k mark for it. I think looking at the picture it's from the 92 race at monaco where mansell felt the back of the car wasnt right, a suspected wheelnut. Dived in the pits and re-emerged 5 secs behind senna. He then hounded him til the end with no joy. That makes the picture extra special, I couldn't part with it for even 5k :) I think if I remember correctly your other mate Hill failed to qualify in the brahbam at that very same race :D

God the 360 needs an F1 game :(

Back
Top Bottom