Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
They can however do things like not sell you the part on it's own, and instead make you pay for an entire suspension arm when you only need one bush. OPC is a con and not one I'd bother with now, in hindsight!

Soldato
Its servicing which must be done under the extended warranty by an OPC. Repairs, so long as they use porsche approvide parts can be done anywhere; and for consumables like brakes/discs/AC condensers there is no way for them to tell.

Depends on the dealership - Portsmouth are lenient but Reading wanted Porsche only labour on everything including discs and pads.

Associate
The dealers can state what they want, but your warranty terms are in black and white; it’s an insurance product. In spite of all of that how are they supposed to tell you’ve had your pads and discs done at an indi?

Associate
Porsche uk have no idea of the work done by OPCs, and the dealers don’t share data outside their group. The only data shared is the service record, and they don’t always do that reliably. So there literally no way to know, and they would have to prove that the non OPC repair/maintenance is a direct result of the warranty claim. I.e a claim on engine mounts can’t be blamed on new pads etc. In the real world it’s just not an issue. There is way too much disinformation about it, all you need do is read the paperwork. ‍♂️

Soldato
Porsche uk have no idea of the work done by OPCs, and the dealers don’t share data outside their group. The only data shared is the service record, and they don’t always do that reliably. So there literally no way to know, and they would have to prove that the non OPC repair/maintenance is a direct result of the warranty claim. I.e a claim on engine mounts can’t be blamed on new pads etc. In the real world it’s just not an issue. There is way too much disinformation about it, all you need do is read the paperwork. ‍♂️

I have read the paperwork, and I’ve also spoken to Porsche.

They explicitly mentioned that any work not carried out by a Porsche dealership might not be covered under warranty, if it’s found that the workmanship has caused the issue.

1. Your Vehicle has previously been repaired, maintained or serviced in a way other than in accordance with the manufacturer's standards, as defined in the 'Guarantee and Maintenance' booklet and the owner's manual; or

You’re right in that they may not be able to tell, but if I’ve just had new brakes fitted, it would be very obvious. If I then had an issue with them, I wouldn’t put it past them to ask for proof they were done with Porsche, if not at that centre.

I also don’t agree with Porsche GB not knowing about the work done by OPCs - they were able to bring up data about my dads Cayenne the other day, when I was questioning them about some (non-warranty) work which had been done by an OPC.

They might not care. But is it worth the headache to fight them over it? Not for me personally.

Associate
So my 981 Boxster battery is 8 years old, still seems to work fine however I am getting anxiety about it crapping out on me. Problem is Porsche want the best part of £500 for a battery inc fitting, which is mind boggling to me. I would go aftermarket and fit myself but im under the extended warranty, so dont want to risk that becoming an issue.

Would you leave it until the battery starts to play up or just stump up the cash to be safe?

Soldato
Hey. I'm curious if anyone has any guesses as to why this particular Boxster T has been for sale since October 2023? It has a rare spec (carbon ceramics + manual) so one would think it would have been snapped up by now.

I've checked the MOT history and it's clear, but it does expire in mid-June. The price has been dropped from £46,950.

Last edited:
Soldato
Personally speaking, PCCB would put me off as I wouldn't want to be on the hook for having to replace them. Also, if that's the budget I'd be looking for a slightly older S or GTS instead of a newer T. I don't know if these are common thoughts amongst prospective buyers though.

Soldato
Personally speaking, PCCB would put me off as I wouldn't want to be on the hook for having to replace them. Also, if that's the budget I'd be looking for a slightly older S or GTS instead of a newer T. I don't know if these are common thoughts amongst prospective buyers though.

The PCCBs are definitely a risk, but if they're good then I doubt they'd need to be replaced in my ownership even if it was long term.

I like the T because it includes all of the nice things from the GTS like PASM and PTV, and having a bit less power is more fun on public roads.

Back
Top Bottom