Portable BT Speaker suitable for outdoor listening?

Man of Honour
Got a social event coming up in the summer where ideally would have a speaker going, no power source available so would need to run off an internal charge and/or power bank for a few hours.
Doesn't need to be super loud, probably about 10 of us there, but will be in the open air with no walls for echoes etc so want something that will sound as effective as listening to a basic bluetooth speaker (e.g. Amazon Echo) indoors rather than just some faint tinny sound fading away like someone having their mobile phone turned up to 10.

For reference, I own a Cambridge Audio Minx GO that I got in 2014, this was OK but the battery life diminished pretty quick, it got to the stage where it would only last 20mins on a full charge, which kind of defeats the point of a portable speaker.

Budget wise I'm not looking to spend a huge amount as it would get used very infrequently, let's say £100 max unless there's something awesome for slightly more. Note that doesn't mean I want to buy the best I can get for £100, if I can get something adequate for say £40 I'll buy that.

Waterproof would be a bonus but to be honest if it's pouring down with rain we probably won't be outdoors for long anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd maybe look at the Tribit Bluetooth Speakers, StormBox 24W Portable Bluetooth Speakers... currently £62 (52 with the £10 off voucher)from the rainforest. Water resistant and 360 sound.

Seems to get good reviews and seems better than a sonos option which costs more.

jcr

jcr

Associate
Anker SoundCore 2
about £24 on the big store at mo.
my partner has the original which she uses for yoga lessons.
sounds ok and good battery life.

Associate
I love my JBL Flip 4 and can recommend it. I have the blue one which I think I got for around £75. The official JBL site (and Currys) have the Flip 6 for various prices depending on colour - the red is currently £99.99. I don't think they make the 4 any more, maybe you could get the 5 cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom