Possible faulty PSU? (superflower)

Associate
So i keep getting a critical error on my desktop - new build. It mainly happens when I'm on the internet browsing facebook or sometimes exiting youtube videos, what happens is the screen will flicker and then the desktop will just crash, not go into the windows 8 equivilant of BSOD, but it just crashes and restarts.

On the event logs it comes up as: Kernal Power - error 41, which can come down to a faulty PSU or interuption with power somewhere, but when using Whocrashed, it states it a driver of the graphics card (atikmdag.sys to be precise) but so far most people haven't found a fix for this.

Theres also a problem at the minute when getting into bios on the computer, I press F2 and it gets to the page where system speeds would normally be displayed, but nothing appears on the screen, only once has it got through and I could use the mouse, but when i clicked tools, it froze again. So this possibly points a problem to the motherboard.

Is there any help you could give towards this?

power supply is: Superflower leadex 750W
Graphics card: Gigabyte radeon r9 290
Motherboard: Crosshair V Formula-Z
CPU: AMD FX-8320

Last edited:
Associate
Hi im not an expert but have you got a spare working motherboard just to swap over and try cause that is where I would start. I had similar problems when I changed my cpu cooler a couple of years back being a novice I tightened the cooler to tight and it really messed thing up just like you have explained. luckily not perminant losend it off and it was fine big sigh of relife lol

Back
Top Bottom