Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

mjt

mjt

Soldato
yyblGBi.jpeg

It's been sittings like this on a neighbours drive for years.
Shame. These are awesome things, and values are only going up..

Soldato
Finally found some older photos of some motors for your amusement

AP1GczN64mA1nhtliamHj0LlU80kKP-BukYMq5y03oEX7IbHcKzY9RySHtZgtlOJMA_90Ivn1Nxfsu5w5Kt2-zXvZRiXMbFX-bs5N72YzZJe6P58ddcv4C-3T_9AR9lF07ryIWDbYY3FG1-nDTUdInHDauEx3g=w2234-h1263-s-no-gm

AP1GczMAgA0NCYaQ0kvcvJIizcs5ftIOOcKx33s7fKw0O7VygIk-YP7-OaeMFta4EL1LwCUhUBAGo_JU7S4E_vrTzQ-3J7B-L2dbNDucVICFMJYHzVETBieoocx2aHAZQ6ll70JkInOoKw6nM8hg60DPxNePrw=w2256-h1128-s-no-gm
The 300c crowd are great craic tbh. None of them take themselves too seriously and they make cars that are really fun for kids to enjoy. They had a massive stand at petrol headonism last year with all sorts.

Caporegime
Sure is. It's non ulez compliant round here so that might be one reason for is demise.

You can get a certificate of conformity from BMW and register it as ULEZ compliant with TFL. Lots of 2000 M roadster owner have done this.

Looking at the page of advisories at its MOT last year, i suspect it needs quite a bit of work to make it safe on the road by now

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
  • Nearside Front Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
  • Offside Front Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
  • Nearside Rear Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
  • Offside Rear Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
  • Nearside Front Play in steering rack inner joint(s)
  • Offside Front Play in steering rack inner joint(s)
  • Nearside Rear Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material (1.1.11 (c))

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think any of the BMWs have been great lookers since the early 00s tbh. They are all a bit gopping. The current ones are just awful.

The proper M cars look better with the body kit (l'm guessing designed by someone else) hiding some of the ugliness but that's about it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Really? I think they're one of the best looking bimmers ever made. Then again I loved the 1 series coupe too.

I am with Nasher on this that although they are fantastic cars to drive and great engines, BMWs have never been lookers for almost 20 years now. And I say that as a BMW driver.

Man of Honour
I think it's a mixed bag, like most manufacturers really. Plenty of great looking BMW's around. Some of the more recent designs are highly questionable though, admittedly.

Soldato
My personal opinion is if you're saying things like F80/F10 M3s and M5s are gopping you need your eyes replacing.

I will freely admit that the most recent massive grill thing has yet to grow on me but I'd be crazy to say it wouldn't.. I didn't like the E36 until I did, or the E46 or E92 etc etc.. I didn't like the F30 platform and now I have one (F31) then I think they dive off badly as they fall into the hands of the stick on bodykit crew.

Then all of a sudden all the dross is gone and everyone wants it.. see E30/E36 etc etc.

Soldato
My personal opinion is if you're saying things like F80/F10 M3s and M5s are gopping you need your eyes replacing.
Nawh man. That gen M3 just isn't pretty.

E30, E36, E46 for sure. I will eat my words in 10 years if we think F80 is anywhere near as special tbh.

F10 M5 I think scratches the understated good looking itch quite well. The bangle M5 was "too much" and lovely for other reasons.

But M3 imho, not great. I think that is what Rilot meant about the original M2, it kind of somewhat rejigged the old E46 M3 attitude.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom