Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

mjt

mjt

Soldato
This is more than a bent strut. Mounting points for the arm have been ripped off.
Exhaust looks to be pushed in as well. Definitely an odd decision for a first car! The GR86 is notoriously tail happy, and the throttle mapping is rather aggressive too. Perfect :D

Soldato
Exhaust looks to be pushed in as well. Definitely an odd decision for a first car! The GR86 is notoriously tail happy, and the throttle mapping is rather aggressive too. Perfect :D
I'm guessing that's a US car. They have exhaust tips that don't protrude from the rear diffuser trim for some legislative reason. And those wheels are the 17" diamond cut ones which come with the lower trim level. Here in the UK we only had one trim level choice and it came with 18" black wheels.

Don
I'm guessing that's a US car. They have exhaust tips that don't protrude from the rear diffuser trim for some legislative reason. And those wheels are the 17" diamond cut ones which come with the lower trim level. Here in the UK we only had one trim level choice and it came with 18" black wheels.
Polish actually but could be a US import. It’s poverty spec compared to UK models. This family always buy the lowest possible spec of expensive cars.

Soldato
Polish actually but could be a US import. It’s poverty spec compared to UK models. This family always buy the lowest possible spec of expensive cars.
I might be wrong, I thought the shorter exhaust tips were exclusively a US thing, but maybe it applies in Europe too.

Either way, nasty a nasty whack. Hopefully he gets it repaired and learns his lesson though. At least there's no body damage.

Soldato
Lots of people drove RWD cars as their first and didn’t have accidents. Plenty of people have accidents in FWD cars too. Bad luck, hopefully they chalk it up to experience and have learned a bit about the limits of the car.

I might have gone for something with 100 less bhp to start with though…!

Last edited:
Soldato
Lots of people drove RWD cars as their first and didn’t have accidents. Plenty of people have accidents in FWD cars too. Bad luck, hopefully they chalk it up to experience and have learned a bit about the limits of the car.

I might have gone for something with 100 less bhp to start with though…!
Very true BUT those RWD I would argue typically were not pretty much directly aimed at wannabe drifters, they just happened to be RWD.

Caporegime
When I drive something RWD I always have the little voice in the back of my head telling me to sling it sideways around the next bend, and I've been driving for over a decade now. :p

These days I find myself able to resist temptation a bit more though. :D

After you spin out enough times and tweak a couple of lower control arms you tend to mellow out a tad. :o

If I had a GR86 as a first car I would have thought I was a drift king and crashed it immediately. Hell, I crashed my first car anyway and it was FWD and had 54HP. :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
RWD - aimed at wannabe drifters @matt100
I didn't say always :cry:

The only time I've ever changed directions is going into a cold wet roundabout in a 123d, I had hoped for some heroic nonsense but either way not a drift queen.

A GR86 or Nissan 200SX or E36 beemer is still not necessarily begging for it but is generally owned by the sort of person who sees themselves as a potential drifter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom