** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

Soldato
Roll up, roll up! Come and play the panel lottery. Only £1000 a go sir.

Shouldn't be like this. Manufacturers, and retailers(!) need to pull their fingers out their arses sharpish with the whole monitor situation at the moment.

Get him, being all negative before it's even been released I hear you say? I'll eat my words with a side helping of humble pie if this monitor is not riddled with issues.

Soldato
Roll up, roll up! Come and play the panel lottery. Only £1000 a go sir.

Shouldn't be like this. Manufacturers, and retailers(!) need to pull their fingers out their arses sharpish with the whole monitor situation at the moment.

Get him, being all negative before it's even been released I hear you say? I'll eat my words with a side helping of humble pie if this monitor is not riddled with issues.

I concur. Acer have almost single handedly created a situation where consumers are primed to be negative and sceptical of any new monitor, so I entirely share your concerns. It's a ridiculous situation we find ourselves in to be honest... not comparable to any other product or component I can think of in my lifetime, and I've been buying PC stuff since the early 90's.

Associate
After Acer's last attempt at a "High end" monitor they made it pretty clear they are not cut out for it.

Shoehorning a high quality panel (made by someone else) into a cheap plastic case, terrible QC and the charging the earth for it doesn't cut it.

Anyone who lays down close to a grand on something like this on release day should expect perfection. Which is one thing you can be pretty sure it wont be.

Associate
After Acer's last attempt at a "High end" monitor they made it pretty clear they are not cut out for it.

Shoehorning a high quality panel (made by someone else) into a cheap plastic case, terrible QC and the charging the earth for it doesn't cut it.

Anyone who lays down close to a grand on something like this on release day should expect perfection. Which is one thing you can be pretty sure it wont be.

Kinda surprised they have the front to show their faces again tbh. :) They seem to have admitted they can't get the 27" right, how can there be any confidence.

Soldato
Two Elephants in the room.......

OK. So Gibbo, if I buy one and have problems are OcUK going to palm me off? For this money I'm expecting a perfect screen, solid customer service from OcUK and not have to deal with Acer. Is that going to happen?

Also a 2 year warranty is putting me off.

Associate
Looks great on paper, even at this price I would be happy to pay that money if I was guaranteed a perfect example. However after the experiences I've read online, I will wait to see what quality the early brave souls receive and what their experience with OcUK/Acer is like.

Soldato
I am quite sure he is secretly dreading a repeat of the XB270HU lol! It would sink Acer (in the monitor sector) if it happens again... enough people have sworn off ever buying from them again as it is!!

Soldato
I'll just wait another 2 years until I can get these for £400 (With OLED hopefully) :D

With the amount of quality control issues monitors have been having it makes me not want to upgrade from my trusty DGM.

Soldato
I am quite sure he is secretly dreading a repeat of the XB270HU lol! It would sink Acer (in the monitor sector) if it happens again... enough people have sworn off ever buying from them again as it is!!

TBH I think Acer/OcUK are firmly planted to seabed in regards to monitor sales. The question is if the Titanic X can be raised :)

Soldato
I have ZERO doubt any and all reviews of this will be glowing. Even more so if Acer cherry pick the review samples. The proverbial doo-doo will only hit the fan when they start shipping out to customers and Acer haven't done their QC properly. That's the major concern here.

Soldato
I have ZERO doubt any and all reviews of this will be glowing. Even more so if Acer cherry pick the review samples. The proverbial doo-doo will only hit the fan when they start shipping out to customers and Acer haven't done their QC properly. That's the major concern here.

Yeah that is what will happen. Hope it doesn't but with all these "Gaming" monitors they all seem to have QC issues which shouldn't be happening.

OcUK Staff
OP

Funny thing is Acer in the last six months have become one of our three top sellings brands and sometimes rival no1 position. So they are doing something right.

XB270HU was a huge success to be frank, it's return rate though high was no worse than ROG Swift, yet another huge success.

People who have genuine issues such as real backlight bleed and not ips glow and noticeable pixel issues OcUK has stood by. :)

Associate
Funny thing is Acer in the last six months have become one of our three top sellings brands and sometimes rival no1 position. So they are doing something right.

XB270HU was a huge success to be frank, it's return rate though high was no worse than ROG Swift, yet another huge success.

People who have genuine issues such as real backlight bleed and not ips glow and noticeable pixel issues OcUK has stood by. :)

Because from what i have seen they are first to market with gsync screens and dont charge a asus £100 premium. That doesnt mean they dont need to improve their warranty terms. Ocuk have stood by people and that was great but ocuk should not have to make up for shocking support in the first place.

Soldato

Well if that's the case, the thread on the subject certainly paints a different picture... even though I know people always moan when things aren't right, and keep quiet when they're happy, but it seemed far worse and more widespread with the XB270HU. I've never seen so many people swear off a brand before, so I certainly hope it's not a repeat with the X34. Where's the value in them letting screens out the factory with the myriad of faults many examples have? There's no business sense to it, and clearly they are losing customers because of it. They won't be number 1 for long if they carry on with that practice, that much is certain!!

Associate
It'll be interesting to see this monitor after some reviews and user mileage under its belt first. I would not put down £1000 on a monitor unless it were dell, which sadly they don't do gsync gaming one's. I'm interested but only after good testing by some guinea pigs first.

Back
Top Bottom