Power Tools & General Tools Recommendations & Advice

Soldato

Is this good value for light diy use round the home for £63?
No hammer function which would rule it out for me as my main house drill. But if you've got a hammer drill and want something more lightweight this might be super handy. I get happier every time I buy a new drill that's lighter than the last!

Associate

Why not get the impact instead and those hex drill bits that fit into impacts? I had this Bosch as a set and never used the drill ever... impact only.

Soldato
Yep use the right tool for the job. I have the 10.8 version of that and its so useful for pretty much anything apart from heavy stuff, I've even pushed it by mixing up some self levelling.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
I’ve got that exact one, had it for a couple of years it’s pretty great for what it is.
So, I’ve been using this 40v max bad boy for doing my skirtings. Bloody hell man, what a difference. Just a complete different ball game to the evo one. Being battery powered doesn’t really make a difference but certainly makes it easier going from room to room.

prig4z9.jpg

Soldato
That’s a nice bit of kit, I’ve got the dewalt on my list to replace my evolution but I haven’t managed to get the man maths to work yet :D

Honestly, the different is insane. The light button blows the laser line out the water, there is a shadow to where the blade is going to cut - with the thickness of the blade as well so is just so much easier for using during the day or outside. Saves you having to put the blade onto the piece and adjust it a lot quicker, simple things like that. The angle adjustment is done in stages if you press the button down a half press and locks in at the main 15° when you let go so rapid going between each 45° bevel, it’s almost instant! Well impressed with it.

It’s got the bluetooth hoover device on it as well. So turns it on when you pull the trigger, I may have to get that hoover!

I think the evo is fine for ‘rough’ work but I’d now never use it for ‘finishing’ work.

Soldato
It’s got the bluetooth hoover device on it as well. So turns it on when you pull the trigger, I may have to get that hoover!
Haha that is sick. That is one of the reasons I couldn't quite fathom battery powered chop saws and track saws. You almost always have a vacuum connected and you'd lose the auto suck. That solves half the grumble I had with them :D

Soldato

Is this worth the extra £40 for domestic work?

Associate
So

My Ryobi junk lawnmower is finally heading to the tip

I have an ok sized garden (8m x 35m)

Recommendations for a replacement? Not fussed on battery / cabled or even a petrol powered

Budget is around the £300 mark top end

Soldato

Ive got that as a secondary drill (i also have an impact) , it's nice and light. It'll put 6mm holes thru breezeblock,timber etc fine and good for winding in screws as 95% of the time I find impacts unnecessary.

To be honest it will do 90% of jobs my heavier makita will do.

If it was the "only" drill I have (i have 5!) I'd maybe go for an 18V one

Caporegime
Recommendations for a replacement? Not fussed on battery / cabled or even a petrol powered

Get a robot lawnmower. They're game changing, although they will...

Budget is around the £300 mark top end

...blow this budget out of the water, the amount of your life you get to spend on better things than lawnmowing and the ease of just having a nice lawn all the time is worth every penny.

Back
Top Bottom