PPPoE Plusnet ADSL

Soldato
Evening,

We currently have plusnet ADSL and I use a Billion 7800N to connect to the service using PPPoA and it all works well however I want to get a bit more out of the network (guest wifi vlans etc) so I have purchased an Ubiquiti Edgerouter.

I wish to use the 7800N as an ADSL modem only, and have tried configuring it in pure bridge mode and connecting the Edgerouter to it and authenticating with PPPoE, however it does not connect. I have tried to authenticate with PPPoE on the 7800N as a test and that also failed and refused to connect.

Is it possible to use PPPoE with plusnets ADSL service? From a bit of googling it seems like it should be, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Ali

Associate
There's a thread here about Plusnet, Billion 7800N, and PPPoE with ADSL - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,132491.0.html/ - here's a pic of the settings -

index.php

If that works I think the Edgerouter nowadays comes with a standard PPPoE wizard.

Soldato
OP
Thanks, hadn't seen that. I just tried changing the encapsulation to that and PPPoE connected and got our IP address however I couldn't ping or browse anything outside of the house

Back
Top Bottom