** PRE-ORDER SPECIAL PRICE: OcUK ATI HD 6850 OC ONLY £89.99 Inc. VAT!! **

Soldato
Great price, good card - just not really an upgrade on my 5850 ! Now, a 6870/6950 and I guess there might be something to think about.....any sneaky whispers coming on those fellas getting similar offers ? :p

OcUK Staff
OP
Great price, good card - just not really an upgrade on my 5850 ! Now, a 6870/6950 and I guess there might be something to think about.....any sneaky whispers coming on those fellas getting similar offers ? :p

Doubtful, I think our supplier are kicking themselves now, they never needed to do me such a crazy deal as they did this in fear 7750 was gonna be less and perform similar. So ooops for them, great for us and our customers. :)

Associate
im a bit confused now because it has changed from an asus to a generic card i hope i get the asus i ordered!

Good observation. I've ordered the Asus too, and it's on my invoice. Can we get some clarification on this?

Last edited:
Associate
im a bit confused now because it has changed from an asus to a generic card i hope i get the asus i ordered!

ditto ... I'd just about decided that the 6850 directcu was a great deal (bit of research seemed to indicate it OC's easily up to 6870 level performance) only to find its all changed.

However, as the description of the OCUK 6850 and Asus are identical (switch between the pages and is only the picture and part number that change - all the text is the same) then I'd strongly suspect that they are the same part - possibly relisted at higher price on request from Asus given that it sounds like they dropped the price too far. Also, anyone know of anyone else making a 6850 oc-ed to 790MHz?

Can't type for toffee
Don
bit more clarification please?
As the image has now changed is it the card you actually advertised?

Ordered as it was the CU adn the Power connectors were on the side.
Was gonna be a tight squeeze anyway, doubt it will fit if the power connectors are at the end now.

Obviously if the card I receive is not the one I ordered and turns out it wont fit OcUk would foot the bill for return post yes?

Associate
I believe the consensus is that OCUK are still shipping Asus DirectCU cards but have been asked by the manufacturer to remove their branding from the promotion as it was rather de-valuing their product (read: they sold too cheaply as the 7770s haven't made the grade!)

Back
Top Bottom