Pressure washer recommendations

Soldato
Random but I had a karcher professional one, it was different gravy. It was just better. It was about 20 years old, never had a single issue with it until I stupidly left water in it. Stuck it in the shed and it froze and burst on the inside and thus knackered it.

Didn’t realise they cost so much, still haven’t replaced it as it breaks my heart seeing the price of them now. I’m in the same boat but i’ll probably just continue to borrow my brothers! :D

Soldato
I've had a refurbished Karcher K4 Power Control for 2 years now. Bought it from the Karcher Outlet store for £115. Been spot on for the money. The end of the lance didn't spray properly when it arrived and they sent a brand new one straight away. No problems since.

Caporegime
Got a Nilfisk Core 140 on a good deal delivered today, and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good garden hose?

I have some cheapo no-name that we got 5 years ago, which leaks from both the tap connector and the spraygun (and is too short), so wanted to get something new, longer, and better suited to supplying a pressure washer.

Soldato
Got a Nilfisk Core 140 on a good deal delivered today, and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good garden hose?

I have some cheapo no-name that we got 5 years ago, which leaks from both the tap connector and the spraygun (and is too short), so wanted to get something new, longer, and better suited to supplying a pressure washer.

FITT 50M HEAVY BRAIDED NTS WINTECH HOSE​

I find these types of hoses are very tight fitting so I use boiling water to soften them before fitting

TW Wholesale hose pipes are also quite good but they seem to have put prices up. Im sure they used to be much cheaper last time i bought one.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm prepared to be wrong on this, but IMO a hose is a hose. The connectors are easily replaced with something better if they're leaking, which they all will eventually. Just avoid Hozelock.
Yep. You're wrong :p About the hose anyway. The hose dave28 recommends (for example) is far less likely to kink than the cheap garbage that you get in a supermarket or even B&Q. Hozelock aren't too bad but their prices are ridiculous. Their anti kink hose does kink too... Good hose connectors to buy are those you find in the home and garden aisle of Asda believe it or not. Cheap and solid - buy two or three for spares and it's still less than a single Hozelock connector

Caporegime

FITT 50M HEAVY BRAIDED NTS WINTECH HOSE​

I find these types of hoses are very tight fitting so I use boiling water to soften them before fitting

TW Wholesale hose pipes are also quite good but they seem to have put prices up. Im sure they used to be much cheaper last time i bought one.
Got 30m of TW Wholesale on special, hooked everything up and it fed my pressure washer like a champ, thanks.

Soldato
I have just spent a week cleaning slabs around the house (not finished yet) and the one thing that has come to the fore is my Karcher K2 is rubbish - Yes it works fine and does what I bought it for but not very well -If I was to start again my first priority would be pressure - This thing wouldn't move skin off a rice pudding. My slabs are really filthy and black spotted - Used all the black spot remover and patio cleaner first.
Second - There are hose pipes and there are hose pipes - My garden ones are quite good -the wife manages to crinp them up but I have no problem - I bought some cheap hose for the Water filter to wash car and windows and it is garbage - You get what you pay for - I also have two pressure washer extension hoses made for the job - never crimp -They are thick rubber and made for the job.

if you want quality you have to pay for it. It is worth spending more in first place than keep buying cheopo.

Soldato
I’ve yet to come across an electric pressure washer that provides anything like the real pressure required to properly clean slabs and driveways. They’re fine for one or two slabs and for washing the car but very little else. I have a Karcher K5 for washing the car. I can hold the lance in one hand and use it as necessary. I have a petrol pressure washer for professional use. If you held the lance in one hand, you’d break your wrist when you pressure the trigger…

Associate
I agree with a prior poster that my Karcher does not provide the same kick-back as when I used to hire a petrol one to go the back patio. Can still do the patio, but I imagine it's taking me longer. I used sodium Hypochlorite last time prior to the karcher and it definitely helped. It's basically a bleach like product.

My karcher is fine for washing the car, but I note that if I fill a bucket from the TAP, it fills significantly quicker than if I fill it using the Karcher, so I suspect the water flow per second or what ever is as important a factor as the actual max bar pressure.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's basically a bleach like product.
Sodium Hypochlorite is the base chemical which is used to make bleach. Bleach is generally just diluted Sodium Hypochlorite. It's a thoroughly nasty product and you have to be very careful where you pour it. It is an effective cleanser though as it basically just kills everything that comes into contact with it!

Associate
Sodium Hypochlorite is the base chemical which is used to make bleach. Bleach is generally just diluted Sodium Hypochlorite. It's a thoroughly nasty product and you have to be very careful where you pour it. It is an effective cleanser though as it basically just kills everything that comes into contact with it!
yeah, that time a couple of months back I was spraying it on with a new back-pack type sprayer that i'd just bought. After about an hr, I noticed that my back was sore and just blamed it on the new backpack sprayer rubbing me the wrong way. It was only after another while that I realised I hadn't tightened the hoses completely tight when putting together the new sprayer, and under pressure it was driping out of the top of the backpack, and down my neckline. bleached out my pullover, tshirt and give me a couple of annoying burn marks on my back. Luckily the clothing took the brunt of it, but back was pretty annoyed for several days.

You use the same creams for bleach burns as you would scalding type burns

Soldato
yeah, that time a couple of months back I was spraying it on with a new back-pack type sprayer that i'd just bought. After about an hr, I noticed that my back was sore and just blamed it on the new backpack sprayer rubbing me the wrong way. It was only after another while that I realised I hadn't tightened the hoses completely tight when putting together the new sprayer, and under pressure it was driping out of the top of the backpack, and down my neckline. bleached out my pullover, tshirt and give me a couple of annoying burn marks on my back. Luckily the clothing took the brunt of it, but back was pretty annoyed for several days.

You use the same creams for bleach burns as you would scalding type burns
:eek: I tend to go OTT when I use it for the paving, elbow length chemical gloves, safety goggles, mask, and old wax style waterproofs + wellies lol looks ridiculous.

Soldato
I bought a Bosch Aquatak 140 the other week and done a couple of drives with it and works great although it was a messy job. Also got the Aquasurf 280 attachment.

Back
Top Bottom