Prison Architect 2 - Prisons in 3D!

Soldato

I was bored and thinking of what to play the other day, so booted up Prison Architect and started on a new prison!

Was googling to remind me of how some of the systems work and came across the announcement for Prison Architect 2!

Really loved the first one, have several hundred hours on it and always wondered how the game would transfer to a 3D version, here's hoping it's not the usual Paradox Interactive games that's launched with no content and loads of bugs and then DLC'd the hell out of :mad:

Last edited:
Associate
I'll wait for some patches 1st to much going on to sit down play anything at the moment I'm in no rush
Likewise. Could be good, could be ****. Hope for the former but in no rush to find out. It'll be another one that I keep an eye on and maybe pick up a year or two down the line if it takes my fancy.

Man of Honour
"could not find a commercial agreement" suggests that Double Eleven wanted more dosh and Paradox didnt want to pay more dosh, to me at least.

Caporegime
probably be utter drivel like Kerbal 2 and a lot of other big "indie" type sequels

"could not find a commercial agreement" suggests that Double Eleven wanted more dosh and Paradox didnt want to pay more dosh, to me at least.
Sounds like Paradox wanted them to split the game into 100 dlc to be released over the next decade, maybe the developers didn't want to

Look at the sims 4 it has £1000 worth of content and the are still making more....
but it isn't a game worth anywhere near £1000.

Paradox were probably comparing the 2 games and realising how much milking they can do.

lets face Prison architect is basically a prison version of the sims

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Look at the sims 4 it has £1000 worth of content and the are still making more....
but it isn't a game worth anywhere near £1000.
Its certainly not worth £1000 to me but probably is to the right person, thats just the nature of value, one mans old holey shoe is another mans wonderboot after all :)

Its certainly not worth £1000 to me but probably is to the right person, thats just the nature of value, one mans old holey shoe is another mans wonderboot after all :)
I think it's more "this game is worth up to £200 for one person, and £200 spent in different stuff to someone else" surely? When a game has that much content, you're not expecting every player to purchase it all.

Dead by daylight has loads of dlc now, and loads of skins. I don't know any player that isn't a streamer who has bought even half the content.

Man of Honour
I think it's more "this game is worth up to £200 for one person, and £200 spent in different stuff to someone else" surely? When a game has that much content, you're not expecting every player to purchase it all.

Dead by daylight has loads of dlc now, and loads of skins. I don't know any player that isn't a streamer who has bought even half the content.
I've bought every dlc for Total Warhammer 3, no idea how much that tallies up to, but I have them all. I also have every dlc for Civilization 6.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom