Prison Architect

Associate
I know about the income issues - I've got 4 prisons now because of that. I was reading the forums the other day and the best way is apparently to get your prisoners to the workshop - However, I built one and set my regime to include 6 hours work, but my prisoners just ignored it and went to sleep?? Lol

Going to have to look into that one, must be missing a trick :D

Soldato
Played this a lot since I got it, anyone got some screenshots to share? I've restarted the game about a dozen times so far as I tweak my layouts. Also an interesting thing I noticed is that you can start the game, stop prisoner intake, fire all your staff then AFK overnight.

Free monies.

That surely makes no sense? Federal grant should only kick in once the prison actually has prisoners surely :D

Can't type for toffee
Don
Played this a lot since I got it, anyone got some screenshots to share? I've restarted the game about a dozen times so far as I tweak my layouts. Also an interesting thing I noticed is that you can start the game, stop prisoner intake, fire all your staff then AFK overnight.

Free monies.

That surely makes no sense? Federal grant should only kick in once the prison actually has prisoners surely :D

oooh lol

Not that I would condone this type of action ;)
Surely it should be you get x amount per inmate per day depending on their type low/mid/high.

took me a few days (game) to recover from the riot stuck not being able to do anything, as soon as I got paid I was left with I think $50 after the repairs had been taken out lol. Oh they also killed my finance wife, I thoguth I'd rehire her and get some type of loan/grants... nowt :( lol

The granst should be more like a quest type item, apply, fulfill req's get paid with the ability to do more.

Currently pullin ~$5 a day minues expenses tend to end up with aroun $1600ish. Ive set the inmates to do I think 4 hours work a day in the kitcehn and the laundry. I dont think that brings in any cash tho?

Soldato
If you fire all staff straight away, don't build anything and stop prisoner intake you'll need to rehire staff, at $500 each so that's $4000 before you have the same number again.

Federal grant is $1500, so you need at least 3 days to get into profit, but as you've no buildings nothing is getting dirty etc.

Takes too long even on the fastest setting to do though, I'm far too impatient but the theory behind it is sound, until patched :)

I agree though I thought the payments would be based on the level of prisoner and on a per day basis, so you couldn't make a profit without having prisoners.

Soldato
Just bought this, such a small game at 111Mb?? Was going to hold off on getting it until at least in Beta stage but it looks far too much fun to pass up, most if not all of the game breaking bugs seem to be fixed, I can live with the odd silly bug for now. I can see many hours wasted on this today :)

Associate
I can't wait until they can get out of Alpha stage and into Beta to start optimising this.
Working on a large prison and I haven't even filled out a quarter of the plot, probably around 80 inmates or so, and the framerate drop is really killing me now :(
I keep going back and making little prisons on the small plot but always feel limited with the amount of space on offer.

Soldato
Has anyone had issues with it just randomly crashing? Cant seem to play more than 10 minutes without it throwing me back to the Steam Library. Haven't been able to enter my activation code yet (it hasnt prompted me to at least) and im wondering if it has anything to do with that.

Can't type for toffee
Don
At full price I'd wait tbh mate, It's a little messy atm
Will be really interesting to see how they continue and if they can add like some form of "quests" (for want of a better word) So you can up yer income a bit.

Soldato
No crashes here mate, not entered my code anywhere either.
Just assumed that was to redeem the full retail copy once released.

Crashes have stopped for now thankfully, seemed to be my overclock wasnt as stable as I thought. Knocked it down a bit and no issues yet. :)

Have spent all of my money though and have a snazzy prison, but no guards, cooks or prisoners yet... Had to fire all my workers as I had -$300 per day now sitting with a bank balance of $157 waiting for the next couple of days to pass so I can afford to hire a psychologist and get $10,000 in grant money. :p

Not off to a great start really!

Soldato
Wheee got 15 prisoners now and earning $1020 a day, still got bugger all money though as im spending it the instant I get it. Also didnt realise that one of my prisoners never got processed off the bus, so he just stood outside overnight, nice of him not to run away!

Edit - Whats with the garbage? Im assuming this is a bug. Load a truck up with garbage only for it to get delivered to you again... Edit - Seems to be if your Garbage area is above your Delivery area, trucks just immediately deliver whatever they have regardless of whats on them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom