Pro Cycling Thread 2023

Soldato
I love Strade Bianchi. It's up there with Lombardia, Roubaix and Flanders so I was looking forward to watching this. Womens race was decent enough so when coverage of the mens started I was well up for it. Must've watched about 15 minutes before Pog attacked and went clear. Knew no-one was catching him so took the dogs out and didn't even come back for the final. Pidcock's interview after the race kind of summed it up - "WTF".

80km solo in those conditions, against a good field is just ridiculous and sadly has too many parallels with previous era's when someone is that good. Not sure if he is riding MSR but I bet he animates it if he is!

Soldato
Dunno, if Pog did that against MvDP and WvA then I’d be more concerned. It wasn’t a great field with even Pidcock not at his best.

I’d like to see Strade become a true monument to encourage all the big guns to race it.

Soldato
Denz and Pidcock were unlucky. A normal MSR where the lead group is individual riders and one of those moves might stick, but Philipsen having MvdP as a lead out man made things a bit different (/borderline unfair).

Soldato
Shout out to Pfeifer Georgi yesterday. A really gutsy ride to get 3rd at Paris Roubaix. Up there from the mid race point but got dropped and gapped in one of the cobbled sections however she fought back on which is a real effort in a race like P-R. Not quick enough in a straight up sprint but she did take 3rd from Vos who is in great form. Hopefully the mens race can be as good today.

Soldato
OP
Both great races in their own right, Pfeiffer Georgi had a great ride, shame about her team mate crashing into her which left her fighting for position, mens was interesting for the 100-200km mark then was just Alpecin marking every move and the frustration of watching teams attacking and failing to make any time up. Great win for MVDP though, thought it'd be harder than it was for him, but with Roubaix mechanicals at the wrong time just killed many of the groups early on.

Back
Top Bottom