Problem getting microphone to work with SN45g

Associate
I bought a microphone headset to use with voip but can’t get it to work with my SN45G v2. It is the first thing I have ever had a problem with the shuttle and the first time I have tried a microphone.

I have done some googling and it is obviously a common problem but I haven’t been able to find a good solution yet. A lot of the info comes from forum posts from a couple of years ago and it can be difficult sorting out what is relevant.

The problem seems to be with the nvidia drivers and mixer software. It seems that the mic socket on the front is “mic2” but it is impossible to set this in the nvmixer control panel. I did find a way of doing it through setting “alternative mic” in a windows control but this turns off every time nvmixer is used.

Also when I tried the mic under this method there was really bad crackling and distortion through the mic. Some posts I saw recommended installing the realtek drivers instead of the nvidia ones but I think this was for general sound playback problems which I don’t have and I would think it was only of short-term value as nvidia’s drivers must be based on the realtek ones anyway and would have caught up now.

As the sn45g is quite old now I am sure the problem must have been solved. If any can remember how they did it I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Back
Top Bottom