Problem getting monitor to start up...help needed please

Associate
Hi All,

I've a Samsung G5 34" Ultrawide monitor connected, via displayport, to my Nvidia RTX 3090 GPU and have to press the power button on the PC at least 3 times for the monitor to come on and allow me to login to Windows 11 after a shutdown. Any ideas what I need to do to prevent this?

Cheers
Daz

Associate
Does the monitor start but declare that it has no input or is it not powering on at all for the first couple of presses?

Associate
OP
The monitor remains totally blank until I press its small button to turn it off or on then press it again. I then press the power button on the PC and it starts up. Thinking about it, perhaps I should press the monitor button on and off (or off and on) to see if that fixes the issues but the monitor blue LED is on when I try all of this.

Associate
Sounds very strange. If you have a spare HDMI or displayport lead it may be worth trying that and seeing if it still behaves the same.

Reactions: sg0
Soldato
My G5 was doing the same recently. Earlier this week I unplugged it and mounted it to my sim rig, and ever since it has woke up without fail. Using the same cables but a different port on GPU.

So it was either being powered off for a while, using a different GPU port or a combination of the two that fixed it lol.

Back
Top Bottom