Project Management Software - Suggestions Please!

Soldato
So I head up a Professional Services team for a software company. I'm looking for project management solution were we can create projects (scope them up), manage the project over time through the solution etc and assign people to the projects.

Also would love the ability to be able to share access to a project to the relevant customer, so they can see the project as it's underway and mark things as complete. Also being able to share documents with the end user.

I'm looking to remove the requirement for project scoping documents that are created in word and bounce between groups in emails and seem so last century.

Suggestions please!

Soldato
something like duet maybe? (think this is self hosting)
There's also things like basecamp

You can also get some others you can host via your own website etc from things like softaculous (don't need this as most have their own packages outside this)

Last edited:
Associate
Honestly the market leader (and my favourite) is the Atlassian stack (Jira and Confluence). It's by far the best for project management for software engineering tasks.

Associate
Honestly the market leader (and my favourite) is the Atlassian stack (Jira and Confluence). It's by far the best for project management for software engineering tasks.

Always found Atlassian so bloaty, Been using teamwork for 4months now and love it, Fits at least my workflow.

Although that duet does look spot on for some project management. Looks like Trello but with functionality that is useful.

Soldato
Definitely Slack. We use hip chat to dump messages from the sites in to, and Slack for person to person project communication. We also give clients log ins for Confluence, so they can, depending on the client, see the sprints or give answers in decision logs etc.

Back
Top Bottom