Project: Phoenix Rising

Associate
OP
I managed to get a lot done over the last couple of days. First up was getting the graphics card and making sure everything fit. This card is heavy, but looks so nice. I did have some pictures of the back, but I was taking them at 6:45 in the morning, not paying attention to the fact the camera was on manual focus. Suffice to say the pictures are useless... Anyway, here it is:

gU1BZzUl.jpg

It is long enough that it just creeps into the hard drive caddy area, though this angle doesn't really show that:

Qq4ARv6l.jpg

Due to sheer dumb luck, I mean extremely clever planning, the card sits just millimetres above the res. On the plus side this does help me sleep better knowing that if it does sag any due to the weight the res is there to support it (not that is does sag, the backplate does a good job of keeping it straight):

A0vl89Ll.jpg

You can just about make out the tubing going from the pump to the front rad in the background of the pics. I have now finished the tubing and have some pictures, but was nearly locked in due to staying after work late to finish it. This meant I had no time to get the pictures off of the camera. But here is a sneaky peak from my rubbish phone camera:

j32T93ul.jpg

Associate
OP
Thanks for the comments all. Here are a few of the work in progress images I didn't get to upload yesterday.

Close-ups of the various connections. You can see there is some distilled water in while I did the first leak check as I knew I would be draining the system to transport it home:

7BDCEDVl.jpg

w7FASJvl.jpg

bep8rf5l.jpg

Including the drain port which comes from the bottom of the res, which was the lowest point I could fit some tubing in:

Vzx1aQxl.jpg

Tubing and cables in. Will some combs or something to keep the cables tidy:

JYfQ1btl.jpg

3q0PmGEl.jpg

As mentioned the positioning of the pump meant most of the room for cable hiding, I mean management, was lost. As I was using Bitfenix Alchemy extensions for the cables I was left with a lot cable length to try and tidy. The USB 3.0 ports are not connected yet as the position of the header on the board does not work nicely with this case. It is certainly not neat and the side takes a bit of effort to get on, but it does go on. The only cable that can by seen from the other side is the 24pin where it crosses the gap to fit alongside the front rad:

IH4SxXql.jpg

Associate
OP
I managed to borrow a decent camera to get some images of the project now that it is at home and usable. Please excuse the messy cables - as I still have some work to do I didn't want to spend too long sorting them out only to need to do it again:

upWWt8Zl.jpg

heZuvuMl.jpg

pBKJnzSl.jpg

k8qXI7Xl.jpg

M5xk4gkl.jpg

And my entire setup:

z8K5uD4l.jpg

Temps are currently around 34C idle for the CPU and 31C for the GPU. I've not pushed it hard yet as I wanted to let everything wear itself in. CPU is maybe a little higher than I was expecting - need to run some more tests.

I also need to get a bit of lighting in there. You can see the res and long pipe quite clearly in the photos due to the flash, but they are near impossible to see normally.

I didn't have enough room to put my spindle drive in the case itself, so that is in an enclosure connected to a E-Sata to SATA in one of the expansion slots. Still want to get the cables a little neater and you can see the SSDs are not screwed in yet. This is because I don't like the way they currently look - but I have a plan for what I want to do with them... Stay tuned!

Back
Top Bottom