PSU Help

Associate
Hi guys.

Quick bit of background with my problem.

I have a itx system compromising of a 3700x, asus x570 itx board, 32gb ram and a rtx 3070. I started getting very frequent shutdowns of the system and after me testing it all I came to the conclusion the mobo was at fault. So I swapped it out for an atx version rebuilt the system and low and behold the same issue started again.

So I now think its possibly PSU related. I had a Corsair sfx unit 750w platinum. The great people at Corsair rma'd my psu and the new one has arrived today. Before I unwrap and install it does the psu have enough grunt for my system?

Thanks in advance

Man of Honour
Before I unwrap and install it does the psu have enough grunt for my system?
It should do, SFX PSUs are usually capable of exceeding their rated wattage by quite a lot too, by design (I assume because of the expected heat and lack of airflow in SFF PSUs).

Soldato
Sorry for the thread hijack Chris but it could be relevant to you as well.

Does anyone know if this cable will work on my 3080?

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £22.94 (includes delivery: £3.99)​

I was going to get one made up from a cable modding place but when i asked they said it does not fit.

I am sure i have seen it mentioned that it does work but can't find the post/thread.

Just want to stop using the extension/adapter, but want to future proof at the same time.

Associate
OP
Sorry for the thread hijack Chris but it could be relevant to you as well.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £22.94 (includes delivery: £3.99)​

I was going to get one made up from a cable modding place but when i asked they said it does not fit.

I am sure i have seen it mentioned that it does work but can't find the post/thread.

Just want to stop using the extension/adapter, but want to future proof at the same time.
No problem mate. I hope someone can help you. As for me that cable isn't required.

Man of Honour

no it will not work. the 30 series nvidia gpus featured it's own proprietary 12-pin connectors that are not PCIE standard.
if you're using a corsair psu...this is the one you need: https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/p/pc-.../cp-8920274/12-pin-gpu-power-cable-cp-8920274
with respect to "futureproofing", then buying this cable will not futureproof your psu, as it is solely for the 30 series gpu only, so a bit of a waste of money

Soldato
no it will not work. the 30 series nvidia gpus featured it's own proprietary 12-pin connectors that are not PCIE standard.
if you're using a corsair psu...this is the one you need: https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/p/pc-.../cp-8920274/12-pin-gpu-power-cable-cp-8920274
with respect to "futureproofing", then buying this cable will not futureproof your psu, as it is solely for the 30 series gpu only, so a bit of a waste of money
Thanks tamzzy, i don't think i will bother.

It is a 3rd party extension i am using not the Nvidia one so does not look to bad and it is working fine.

Associate
Just so you know, the SF750 watt can deliver 900 odd watts before running into any issues - it’s a very solid psu and I’m surprised that you had issues as a it’s very popular and generally regarded as excellent.

I’m sure that there are some failures even in very reliably PSU models like the SF750 so yeah.

Associate
OP
Just so you know, the SF750 watt can deliver 900 odd watts before running into any issues - it’s a very solid psu and I’m surprised that you had issues as a it’s very popular and generally regarded as excellent.

I’m sure that there are some failures even in very reliably PSU models like the SF750 so yeah.

Thanks for that mate. I agree Ive never had an issue with a Corsair psu before however the old one was definitely at fault. Since the RMA'd psu has been installed in the system Ive had no issues whatsoever. :)

Back
Top Bottom