PUBG crate. The spares build.

Soldato
OP
You're doing what now? After all that milling work? Wish I was your friend :cry: could do with some ITX parts for 2 awesome, yet likely never happen, projects.

But I'm still grateful for the EK badges ;)

Oh he ain't getting it free. He isn't paying either, just favours for favours. See also that belmet above, who doesn't realise the 2080Ti he is about to get will come at a cost.. Muhahahaha.

G - I wish. You know me, I never stop. It's onto bikes now :D

I gotta say I am pretty darn pleased with myself tbh. I managed to buy the case, PSU and fans for what I would have paid RRP for the case. I did have a moment with it earlier when I thought "AHA ! so that's why the git sold it to me !!" and then I realised I was stupid, and the panels only fit one way :D

Soldato
God I am stupid. I ordered the splitter last night, then checked the PSU box again. It came with a 3 pin locking cable as well ffs. Thankfully Lian Li include a lot of splitters with their fans for the RGB, and they break out from 4 pin to a 3 pin too. What caught me off guard (and why it ended up back in the box) was the connector from the PSU only has two wires. Then it dawned on me that it's because it nicks its 5v from the PSU. DOH.

As such another hour rolling around on the floor was enough to finish it. And man, it's stunning.

FAMEhOF.png

EnuTyr1.png

JUEW8ZA.png

fCRmN8V.png

b7B3FO4.png

rw2vgno.png

My PC is ready, my game key is ready, my wallpaper is ready and my body is ready. BRING ON THE ZOMBIE CURB STOMPING !
Another project! That Lian Li case looks really high quality, and looking great

What's in the audio stack to the right?

Soldato
OP
Actually if it does indeed fit.. It looks like the "RGB" means "RFR". IE - randomly fart rainbows. It doesn't seem to have a cable going in to change it etc. As such it is a great thing Jonsbo show this pic.

Q4rNUoJ.jpg

Thankfully I still have one of these.

yOWaJRX.jpg

Soldato
Thankfully I still have one of these.
....which won't fit. Guarantee they used a different size to any you have lying about. Not based on any prior knowledge, just my natural cynicism experience! Damn I'm a cynical pot of misery today! :( If it is an odd size, it'd probably be possible (with some good dimensions) to do a custom PCB. The LEDs themselves are easily available and the controller is built in, they just need to be daisy-chained together.

Soldato
OP
TBH as long as it fits between the black bottom plate and the diffuser it should be fine.

Edit. I didn't realise the blown apart image is a render, and the black disc with the square lumps on it is highly likely the leds.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Oioi.

Sorry, life got in the way. It was a bugger. A real, real bugger. Ended up having to totally strip the rig out.

5pNK522.jpg

The only other pic I have is this one.

kgS09yu.jpg

It took about three days. Kinda wish I hadn't now, but the stupid things we do.... I mean it wasn't worth it, but I did get an award in a 3dmark bench called "Keep a cool head" which means your CPU doesn't pass 45c lol. Nah it is much quieter and it looks exceptional too.

I then played the absolute balls out of the game. Was great fun, but the GPU does not have enough grunt for 4k and FSR crashes the game so I had to play it at 1440p. I then played through TLOU again at 1440p. Fancied a GPU with more chops, as we are returning to it this weekend to start all of the side quests.

JgvV6Tt.jpg

So I got that. Cheapest high end GPU I have bought since before the Titan XP.

Soldato
Shiny! Someone's been to Apple packaging school!
The question with the mouse mat would have to be....will it ever be flat again?!
Why didn't you dodge? My mouse got stuck on the ridge! :Eek:

Soldato
OP
Aye it is flat. Very clever in all honesty. Saves on packing lol.

I set to work earlier. I got up for a wee at around 9 after being awake for 4 hours in the night and the doorbell went. It was my "The world's most expensive pillow" I got so I didn't want to ignore it then chase it. Time I got back up the stairs was I quite awake. Typical. Still, I get to test out said pillow tonight !

jO6fMDC.png

Goodbye old friend. Until we meet again (we will one day. Strict instructions if it dies or turns into a potato I get it back). You can see the mat there. Very flat. It's decent quality tbh. I heard this cooler wasn't the best, but I have been very pleasantly surprised. It's very hot in here, and even overclocked it runs at 77c.

I was also correct to go with the reference card. I knew it would look the best by far. It has that black and silver class like the rest of the rig, and I wasn't wrong.

First boot.

3zMSpn9.png

Power it down and put cable ties in and put it back together.

bDBUzyS.png

See what I mean about the GPU? it literally sits in there like a chameleon. Lovely.

Srs cooling.

5YsiTOO.png

Finished for now. Found the Cooler Master software that customises the Radeon leds.

nKHMtgM.png

Literally all I need to do is put in a real RGB circle into the cooler pump. But I don't mind it that much for now. Certainly not the weather to be messing around with it, far too hot now.

I then got to taste TLOU at 4k. I did enable FSR, which works great in Dead Island 2 also. Just not on Nvidia GPUs lmao.

glYarGi.jpg

Stunning. Just, absolutely stunning. It is like playing a movie.

Soldato
OP
Thanks dude. Really has been a great build. Premium looks for low end to mid range money. Always a good thing !

So I decided to turn my £55 cooler into a £410 Asus one lmao.

fuyRqs3.jpg

Cost me £24. I already grabbed the software. Looks very easy to use, too.

BG60aTj.png

Will create my own. Also has the tools in there to do so. Apparently they have AIDA baked into them somehow, so they are a lot easier to use. Of course the housing will be going in the bin. CNC has been dormant for quite a while now, so I feel something custom to clip onto the pump head coming on.

Back
Top Bottom