Quest 3 owners etc

Associate
I find the quest 3 uncomfortable as were all the previous versions. Think its rubbish that you have to purchase after market parts to make the unit wearable for extended periods of time. That said, others may find them perfectly fine (perhaps its my head shape haha)

Underboss
I find the quest 3 uncomfortable as were all the previous versions. Think its rubbish that you have to purchase after market parts to make the unit wearable for extended periods of time. That said, others may find them perfectly fine (perhaps its my head shape haha)

i too found the same, but the stock strap is TERRIBLE and i purchased a cheap replacement and it transformed it

Soldato

An aftermarket facial interface can also make it a lot more comfortable.

Associate
I spent about £15-£20 on getting my Q3 comfy (silicon gasket cover + head cup for the strap) plus £30 on a power bank really pleased with the results.

Soldato
£10 for an elite style strap. Do intend on getting a new facial interface as well, still waiting to see what vrcover do.

I have a VRcover interface for my Rift CV1 and Quest 2. The AMVR interface for Quest 3 is the most comfortable. It's possible to remove the foam from the default Q3 interface, it's just glued on, and fit hook velcro with double sided tape so that other face pads/cushions can be fitted.

This price is worth it for the face cushion alone.

Last edited:

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Picked up a bobo m3 pro but not sure I can sick it. It feels like it preventing the hmd from sitting low enough and flush enough on my face. The hmd is technically fine for position but the feeling is just weird. Anyone had a similar experience? Do you get used to it?

I've ordered a kiwi in the mean time to compare, the non-battery one. Very pricey compared to bobo.

Last edited:
Associate
on balance I think its better to have a cheap standard strap that helps to keep the initial cost down and then have users buy an alternative rather than a more expensive strap that brings the price up for something that many users still won't find comfortable anyway

Associate
on balance I think its better to have a cheap standard strap that helps to keep the initial cost down and then have users buy an alternative rather than a more expensive strap that brings the price up for something that many users still won't find comfortable anyway

I read this argument often and whilst I can see the logic, I still feel that a better strap / facepad should be included. For example you can purchase a very cheap aftermarket strap etc which transforms the feel of the Quest 3 for very little outlay. So if you factor in the buying power of Oculus it would add very little to the cost to include a better strap etc with the unit itself.

Associate
I spent about £15-£20 on getting my Q3 comfy (silicon gasket cover + head cup for the strap) plus £30 on a power bank really pleased with the results.
Yes I did similar and it makes it so much better on both comfort and weight distribution. Completely transforms the unit and as far as i'm concerned, should be included with the units to begin with.

Associate
I read this argument often and whilst I can see the logic, I still feel that a better strap / facepad should be included. For example you can purchase a very cheap aftermarket strap etc which transforms the feel of the Quest 3 for very little outlay. So if you factor in the buying power of Oculus it would add very little to the cost to include a better strap etc with the unit itself.
I do think that the facepad should be a soft wipeable material, as you say, the buying power of Oculus (Meta, lol) makes this negligable. For the strap, still not so sure, some people swear by the halo style straps some genuinely don't like them. Its tricky cos people wont know until they buy one to try, so having different Quest models wouldn't really help this

Associate
I do think that the facepad should be a soft wipeable material, as you say, the buying power of Oculus (Meta, lol) makes this negligable. For the strap, still not so sure, some people swear by the halo style straps some genuinely don't like them. Its tricky cos people wont know until they buy one to try, so having different Quest models wouldn't really help this
Oculus, oops haha, I may still go around saying Marathons and Opal Fruits.

Soldato
Picked up a bobo m3 pro but not sure I can sick it. It feels like it preventing the hmd from sitting low enough and flush enough on my face. The hmd is technically fine for position but the feeling is just weird. Anyone had a similar experience? Do you get used to it?

I've ordered a kiwi in the mean time to compare, the non-battery one. Very pricey compared to bobo.

You can have a pretty good range of fit with the M3 pro depending how far forward or backward you have the headset sidearms slid into the M3 strap runners.

You have three main options with a halo strap.

1. Go full halo, with just the halo strap touching your head and the HMD floating in front of your eyes, quest pro stylie. You can even remove the interface to get it closer to your eyes.
2. Halo/elite mix, where the both the halo strap and facial interface are touching your head. You can get a large range of adjustment of pressure shared by the interface and halo strap. For me, the sweet spot is 50/50. I have the interface and halo set to the same distance from my head, so the pressure is shared equally which reduces it for a given area.
3. Full elite style, where the HMD is fully rearward in the halo strap side rails, the forehead cushion is removed, and only the facial interface is touching your head.
You could even extend the depth of the facial interface if your head is shaped like megamind.

Back
Top Bottom