Quest Pro with VR lens inserts

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Here’s a question for other QP users who use prescription lens inserts.

My lens inserts are from VR Opticians. Great lenses, however there way of attaching them in the QP is frankly a bit pap.
I had a Pico4 for a while, and they facilitated magnetic mounting, which were ace.
In the QP it’s just 3 plastic tabs making a friction lock (ish) on the rubber surrounds in th QP.

The best idea that I’ve had so far was simply duct tape. Even that works itself loose. Does anyone have a better solution that they can recommend?

Soldato
I have the Quest Pro VR optician lenses and yes they are a faff to clip on. Due to the soft rubber cup design I don't think there are any magnetic lenses. All the ones I've seen clip on in a similar way.

However once you have the lenses properly clipped on then they stay on. My biggest issue are they are pretty tall so can brush against your nose if eye relief is dialed in.

There are different brands you could try though, they all clip on slightly differently.

I have the HonsVR magnetic lenses for Q3 and they are so much more convenient.

Soldato
Here’s a question for other QP users who use prescription lens inserts.

My lens inserts are from VR Opticians. Great lenses, however there way of attaching them in the QP is frankly a bit pap.
I had a Pico4 for a while, and they facilitated magnetic mounting, which were ace.
In the QP it’s just 3 plastic tabs making a friction lock (ish) on the rubber surrounds in th QP.

The best idea that I’ve had so far was simply duct tape. Even that works itself loose. Does anyone have a better solution that they can recommend?
my lens inserts were really cheapo ones from ali express. they are simple push on and prise off as well, which makes them easy to remove if i have mates wanting to try... but not once have they ever come loose accidentally (famous last words!) so i wonder if there is a problem with them as they should fit ok.

Back
Top Bottom