Question about Ryzen Master

Soldato
I just started using Ryzen Master to get the most out of my 5950x. The result is pretty good, but Ryzen Master has to load to apply the settings every time the PC starts. So my question is, do you just leave it like that, or should you apply the settings to the bios? And do Ryzen Master settings override the bios settings?

Soldato
depends on what you did with it overclock-underclock-undervolt etc
if just messing around web browsing etc
kind of useful if you load an underclock in ryzen master
then if do some serious stuff you could load overclocked profile

set in bios its one profile
down to the individual user really
just browsing around etc
i leave it on lower settings
then if i need to i have a 4.5ghz all core profile
in ryzen master for my 5950x

if youre not bothered with that
just set the bios as you set ryzen master
it doesnt over ride the bios settings for me anyway

Soldato
OP
It turns out Ryzen Master changed my bios settings to the optimised setting after I ran the PBO optimiser. I do have one problem: it crashes for a specific low-powered game (Romance of Three Kingdoms 14), but everything else, including benchmarking, is fine. I control the clock speed with max fan speed and temperature now.

Soldato
Had similar when I tried PBO curve optimiser
Rock solid under load and full load
Random crashes under idle/light load
You could try manually doing the negative PBO value
But in the end I used ryzen master
And tweaked the PPT,EDC and always forget the third one doh!
But basically juggled around with those
Trying to get all 3 very close to 100% usage
While watching how high it boosted in cinebench r23
Came a point where increasing values
Made boost speed go back downwards
So I backed off to last value
Settled for 4.5ghz all core
Though pretty certain 4.6 or even 4.7ghz all core is possible
On this crosshair viii extreme if I really tried
And I do have full watercooling which helps

Edit
TDC is the other one lol

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I got my settings directly from Ryzen Master. It put all the cores to -30. I keep my max fan speed at 70%, and my max all-core boost for Cinebench is 4.4 GHz. My Cinebench score is about 27500 with the PBO and fan settings. I probably can get higher if I turn up all the fans, including the case fan, or have a better cooler than my current one (Noctua DH-15). I dont know what to put for the TDC, PPT, EDC so I leave them to whatever got from Ryzen Mater.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah these things
There's more than one way to do it
Then add in your cooling
And acceptable noise levels

Got the pc booted on a drive where ryzen master
Isn't installed so can't see what values I used
Nowhere remotely as high
As my bios allows setting them Though
It was crazy high
Probably allowing the liquid nitrogen guys
To have some fun with this board

Associate
It turns out Ryzen Master changed my bios settings to the optimised setting after I ran the PBO optimiser. I do have one problem: it crashes for a specific low-powered game (Romance of Three Kingdoms 14), but everything else, including benchmarking, is fine. I control the clock speed with max fan speed and temperature now.
More than likely low load errors, load up corecycler, edit the config to run ycruncher. Bet it fails, but it will let you know what core or cores.

Soldato
OP
More than likely low load errors, load up corecycler, edit the config to run ycruncher. Bet it fails, but it will let you know what core or cores.
I ran core cycler overnight and got no errors.
When I had all my cores -30 via Ryzen Master on my 5950X I'd crash a lot when idle but never when full load.

I used this thread as a kind of guidance and altered my bios directly.

You need to find out which cores rank best to worst and note them down.
I lowered my max temps and fans and it seems to not crash anymore, runs quieter, but slightly slower.

Last edited:
Associate
Windows updates tend to throw off my Ryzen master settings... specifically PBO, all cores -30 and also manually setting EXPO. Outside of that they are solid - frustrating when it happens though.

Soldato
Windows updates tend to throw off my Ryzen master settings... specifically PBO, all cores -30 and also manually setting EXPO. Outside of that they are solid - frustrating when it happens though.
I thought Ryzen Master settings were set in the BIOS once applied? maybe I'm talking out my backside, could've swore it said something about updating BIOS once applied... odd windows does that... although I've not had an update since building so...

Soldato
I thought Ryzen Master settings were set in the BIOS once applied? maybe I'm talking out my backside, could've swore it said something about updating BIOS once applied... odd windows does that... although I've not had an update since building so...
Think apply to the bios
In settings there's an option to apply/not apply
I have mine not apply
So I can switch profiles if I want the all core overclock
Or if I want to be in a lower power mode
If just Web browsing etc
Whereas apply to bios might involve a restart

Soldato
Think apply to the bios
In settings there's an option to apply/not apply
I have mine not apply
So I can switch profiles if I want the all core overclock
Or if I want to be in a lower power mode
If just Web browsing etc
Whereas apply to bios might involve a restart
understood makes sense, for me, I just wanna set and let it do it's thing hahah as I'm idle :)

Associate

Sorry, I wasn't that clear! Yep, the Bios settings are updated, nothing in Windows opther than Ryzen master itself. Whenever my system does one of the larger system updates then quite often it fails to start and the Bios has to restore stock values.

I have to re-run PBO in Ryzen master and have it update the Bios again. Its weird.

Other than that, between updates, things are always fine!

Soldato
Sorry, I wasn't that clear! Yep, the Bios settings are updated, nothing in Windows opther than Ryzen master itself. Whenever my system does one of the larger system updates then quite often it fails to start and the Bios has to restore stock values.

I have to re-run PBO in Ryzen master and have it update the Bios again. Its weird.

Other than that, between updates, things are always fine!
Save it as a ryzen master profile
Then just reload it?

Associate
Have tried ryzen master curve optimiser a few times, running per core stress tests it comes back with errors, it seems to drop to -30 on most cores and it’s too low a voltage. Have done it manually and just set in bios, it’s good to quickly test different parameters while stress testing though.

Back
Top Bottom