• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Quietest 4070 Super/Ti?

Caporegime
I'm looking at replacing my card (currently a 1080ti so it'll be a decent upgrade) - I don't 4k game, I've a 1440 monitor, but in the reasonably near future I will likely get a G9 monitor, or possibly even the 4k version.

My main concern however is noise, and whilst I want a good upgrade to my ailing card, I use my computer for development as well as gaming so noise is really important to me. Are there any known to be quietest? Or do I need to just turn its speed down perhaps whilst not gaming?

Associate
I purchased a ZOTAC GAMING RTX 4080 SUPER AMP EXTREME AIRO .
I was disappointed with it. Fans wouldn't operate lower than 30% and they had a weird buzz / hum when on.
I returned it , so interested in this thread also.

Caporegime
OP
I've a GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Elite, I use afterburner to set fans @50%..its whisper quite zero coil whine to
I think £1000 is a bit more than I want to spend, and I don't 4k game so not sure I need quite that much power :p. The 4070 super looks ok though so I might well go for one of those.

Associate
I'm looking at replacing my card (currently a 1080ti so it'll be a decent upgrade) - I don't 4k game, I've a 1440 monitor, but in the reasonably near future I will likely get a G9 monitor, or possibly even the 4k version.

My main concern however is noise, and whilst I want a good upgrade to my ailing card, I use my computer for development as well as gaming so noise is really important to me. Are there any known to be quietest? Or do I need to just turn its speed down perhaps whilst not gaming?
I recently upgraded from a super quiet MSI Gaming X 1080Ti to a 4070 Super FE. Very impressed with it and its low noise levels. Fans only turn on when gaming, and even then its pretty quiet. For the price, the build quality and performance are excellent, imho.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I recently upgraded from a super quiet MSI Gaming X 1080Ti to a 4070 Super FE. Very impressed with it and its low noise levels. Fans only turn on when gaming, and even then its pretty quiet. For the price, the build quality and performance are excellent, imho.
Where does one buy one of those? I've not seen any Founders Editions at all for sale.

Caporegime
OP
Very helpful, thanks! I must say the choice is all a little overwhelming. I know there's a vague idea I should wait for the 5 series cards to come out and then maybe pick up a cheaper 4 series - do they ever come down much in price? Only seems recently that the prices have kept on going up!

Actually in all this distraction looking at the myriad choices available I don't actually know if my PSU will power it :joy:. It's a modular corsair one... I'm just assuming if the cards come with the extra connector adapters I'll be able to plug it in..?

Last edited:
Associate
..I don't actually know if my PSU will power it :joy:. It's a modular corsair one... I'm just assuming if the cards come with the extra connector adapters I'll be able to plug it in..?
Cables. Yes. My 4070S came with the "splitter" that just plugs into the regular cables that come with your PSU.

I also have a modular Corsair unit. Just check the power output of your PSU. Tbh, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't up to the task.

Caporegime
OP
Cables. Yes. My 4070S came with the "splitter" that just plugs into the regular cables that come with your PSU.

I also have a modular Corsair unit. Just check the power output of your PSU. Tbh, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't up to the task.
Its a 750W job so it should be fine.

Soldato
MSI's original Gaming X model of the 4070 Ti was ridiculously quiet. The (gigantic) cooler was designed when it was still planned to be an 80-class card, so they pulled out all the stops. They quickly replaced it with a much cheaper (to manufacture, not to buy) 'Slim' version that's still fairly quiet, but nowhere close to the original. It is about half the size though.

Soldato

My Gigabyte 4070Ti Super did too but the end that plugs into the card didn't click in fully & I ended up having to buy a new PSU with the new native cable :(

Last edited:
Soldato
i have a Aorus 4070 Super, its the only one with a 300W power limit. its OC beast but games at 51c with default fan profile the fan max's out in games at 31%
my system idols with the fans off at about 32c.

there is one in the MM now haha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom