• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Associate
Guys I was hoping you could help me out a little please?

I am looking at upgrading to a 290x but I want to find a card that is reference as I will be watercooling it.
I also want one that has the Hynix memory.
Oh and is there a card that has all this and the manufacturer doesn't void the warranty if I remove the cooler?

I know I'm asking a lot ;)

Caporegime

I am looking at upgrading to a 290x but I want to find a card that is reference as I will be watercooling it.
Oh and is there a card that has all this and the manufacturer doesn't void the warranty if I remove the cooler?

EVGA allow removal of the cooler.

Has anyone had any driver problems with these? I'm considering an upgrade from the 670 in my sig and I'm thinking of going Red this time but I still have bad memories of poor driver support but this was a long time ago as I've been 'Green' for about four years now. Has driver support improved? I know they run hot but considering my 670 runs at 85'c and sometimes more if the room is warm I don't mind and I play with a headset so a bit of fan noise doesn't bother me.

Caporegime
EVGA allow removal of the cooler.

Has anyone had any driver problems with these? I'm considering an upgrade from the 670 in my sig and I'm thinking of going Red this time but I still have bad memories of poor driver support but this was a long time ago as I've been 'Green' for about four years now. Has driver support improved? I know they run hot but considering my 670 runs at 85'c and sometimes more if the room is warm I don't mind and I play with a headset so a bit of fan noise doesn't bother me.

AMD's Drivers became very much better in late 2012 early 2013, i have not had a single problem with Drivers since then, plug-in, install and play....

Thats not to say they are perfect, issues do crop up from time to time for others, but no Driver is ever perfect, that includes Nvidia.

Associate

As stated already, Sapphire Tri X s got Hynix memory and is a ref design. However, the removal of the cooler is a tricky part. I have read at OC.net forum in the U.S: that Sapphire tolerates the cooler removal as long as you don t damage the card.

Soldato
Hang on! just need to renew my car insurance and then will buy one of these cards and become an owner!!!

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-238-MS&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1752

I want to get one of these by the way! Looks pretty snazzy!

index.php

Soldato
Powercolor 290X PCS+ OC, factory clocks, ive not done anything.

I am getting glitching in games.

payday 2, titanfall, fifa 14 all do it, dota2 does not.

i get a stripe across the screen about an inch think that seems to be slightly behind what is happening and goes blocky. it doesn't go black, just goes like pixelated for a split second.

ive updated to the beta drivers last night.

Is this a common thing?

Soldato

i get a stripe across the screen about an inch think that seems to be slightly behind what is happening and goes blocky. it doesn't go black, just goes like pixelated for a split second.

Is this a common thing?

sounds like its RMA time

Soldato

Is this a common thing?

Sounds like it's faulty, can you take a screenshot/picture?

Back
Top Bottom