• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon 5770 Driver Crashes

GK7

GK7

Associate
Has anyone else got a problem with driver crashes in Windows 7 x64 ?

Using Cat. 9.11, I get vertical blue lines when the card is idle - there are never any crashes when the card is under load.

Curiously, this only seems to happen after a "warm" boot - from hibernation or sleep. Are there any fixes ?

Thanks

Associate
You can still install it, and it might fix the problem you are having. My HD 5850 is causing no problem with 09.11 under Windows 7 Pro X64.

Soldato
Has anyone else got a problem with driver crashes in Windows 7 x64 ?

Using Cat. 9.11, I get vertical blue lines when the card is idle - there are never any crashes when the card is under load.

Curiously, this only seems to happen after a "warm" boot - from hibernation or sleep. Are there any fixes ?

Thanks

had this with both my 5770, mailed Amd direct who advised me to RMA both cards....something to with memory timings in 2d mode ati powerplay screws it up

which brand card do you have and which cooler egg or shroud mate?

GK7

GK7

Associate
OP
had this with both my 5770, mailed Amd direct who advised me to RMA both cards....something to with memory timings in 2d mode ati powerplay screws it up

which brand card do you have and which cooler egg or shroud mate?

It's the ASUS one with the shroud cooler.

GK7

GK7

Associate
OP
It only happens when resuming from hibernate though ?

So perhaps the problem could be sorted by improved drivers ?

I tried the Dirt 2 hotfix but that did not make a difference.

Soldato
It only happens when resuming from hibernate though ?

So perhaps the problem could be sorted by improved drivers ?

I tried the Dirt 2 hotfix but that did not make a difference.

Mine happened anytime in 2d...my pc never goes to sleep so didt check that. Yeah a driver may fix the problem it may not i was told it was a memory problem so i dont know if a driver update can fix that? i didt want to hang around on the offchance of fix hope you get it sorted mate but be there is no current fix

Soldato
Well i have had the problem since i got my VTX ones.. Then found a guide that shows that on idle the core drops to 157mhz and as the memory stays at 1200mhz it causes it to crash. Mine has been working fine recently and what i did was create a profile in CCC then browse to the *PROFILENAME.XML file and modify the setting from 157000 to 300000 and it has not crashed since..

GK7

GK7

Associate
OP
Well i have had the problem since i got my VTX ones.. Then found a guide that shows that on idle the core drops to 157mhz and as the memory stays at 1200mhz it causes it to crash. Mine has been working fine recently and what i did was create a profile in CCC then browse to the *PROFILENAME.XML file and modify the setting from 157000 to 300000 and it has not crashed since..

Thanks for this. This seems to be the cause. I just tried resuming from hibernate just now and quickly opened GPU-Z. After a few seconds, the core clock shifts into 2D idle (157) but the memory stays at 3D clocks (1200) and so causes the display error. So at least I know what the problem is.

Back
Top Bottom