RAM testing results

Soldato
Hi all,

Testing the daughters RAM, as getting IRQL errors and this is one of the things that can cause it I've read.

Using memtest+86 - both sticks in, it fails, but each stick will pass in either slot by their selves.
Is this a mobo fault, or RAM fault still and they just don't like working together?

Associate
Could also be the CPU memory controller playing up.

If both sticks work individually then likely CPU or motherboard.

Do you have another pc you swap the ram pair to?

Soldato
OP
Erm, not sure if it fits in the other daughters pc, will have to check if it's ddr3 as well.

I'm sure she'll be ok on one stick of 8gb, if that doesn't bsod, if it is the CPU or mobo, not getting into replacing those.
I'll eek it out and get a better PC

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's not the ram I don't think now, well maybe not just that. The last bsod was an irql not less or equal (tcpip.sys)

I'll check out the drivers, I guess a reinstall might help?

Though sometimes it just says irql not less or equal. Nothing else.

I just downloaded the blue screen viewer, so can dig into it more, if I know how too lol.

Soldato
i5 4570
In a HP pro desk 400 G1

Just so you know, I sent a 7900X back to amazon as I couldn't even get into windows with it, constant BSOD's, I was getting the same IRQL not less or equal too, along with many other BSODs, something like thread exception not handled BSOD and another one too, I put it down to the CPU as it was the only thing that had changed on a normally working system.

Back
Top Bottom