Raspberry Pi - $35 Linux computer

Soldato
Ok, my pi has been running for 6 days now without issue, so putting a y USB cable in there and powering the disk via its own power looks to have settled it. Only time will tell, but originally, the disk was running fine for ages without issue, but for someone reason the last couple of weeks it had been playing up, but now it is back to normal with the its own power, so fingers crossed. Might we work giving it a try. I know some powered hubs aren't that brilliant (according to the PI forums).
Ok, so an updated. looks like my issues have been resolved. Ive not had any down time on the disk since I put a y USB cable in for my HDD so that I could power the disk straight from the wall socket (well power bar extension that has 2 USB sockets on it).

Soldato
I use my pi to run a plex server and use my smart tv plex app to access it.

My only issue is pauses on larger files. I have a 15GB .MKV that pauses every 15-20 seconds or so. Other files that are around 4gb play flawless. Haven't tried anything in between!

I have the pi running a plex server, everything is stored on a USB drive that is connected to a powered usb hub and to the Pi.

My HDD is a usb2 seagate freeagent goflex 250gb mounted using samba.

My tv which runs the plex app is samsung ue55h6400 connected via the build in wifi.

The Pi is wired to the network.

i have no knowledge of coding what so ever and followed guides for everything.

What could be causing this pausing?

Thanks.

Don
You're possibly reaching the limit of the network controller, it's only 100Mbit, so absolute max speed is 12.5MB/s

You could also be reaching the limit of your wireless network, cable up the TV and see if that helps.

If not..

Buy a Synology NAS and use that as the server.

Associate
USB DAC for HD AUDIO

Pi2 has not got HD AUDIO output.
What about not very expensive USB DAC?
Thanks all.
PS I know one with **** for 50 pounds

Last edited:
Soldato
I use OSMC and I've noticed over the past 3 or so weeks that playing videos results in no audio for the first second or two, it's more obvious with sending Youtube videos to Kodi.

Soldato
anyone doing anything different with their pi?

I've had one for quite a while now, model B and other than a basic games emulator and openelec i've not really done a lot with it and looking for a little inspiration to start tinkering. Need a decent USB wifi adapter, the one I have is old and a little pants!

Back
Top Bottom