Rebel Moon | Netflix

Associate
But how do you establish not at all magical Indian in space has magical space Indian powers otherwise?
Was nice to see Buckbeak getting work after Prisoner of Azkaban though.

Very dull movie for me. Felt like a solid opening, but then into a series of shallow montages getting the team together, some lasers, some questionable tentacle VFX, and SO many lens flares. Felt like they had to do so much so fast that it was all meaningless. I think it would be more entertaining on a big screen to get the most out of the sci-fi entertainment aspect of it.

Caporegime
Haven't watched the first one due to the longer (supposedly better?) cut due out. Mainly due to what seems like universal poo pooing of it

Is the better version due out soon then?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is the better version due out soon then?

As I said before, I severely doubt that this director's cut will be better. There isn't a single thing about the first film that will be improved by being longer or by being R rated and, honestly, since basically everything bad about this film is directly down to Snyder I'm not sure why "More Snyder!" is expected to be a good thing.

Anyway, the vanity double-dip versions don't have a release date yet, but Snyder said in an interview to expect them (or possibly just part one) in August.

Soldato
Not watched the first yet, got this weekend planned to back to back them.

Didn't know a Directors Cut was coming out but I'll rewatch.

I can't imagine it will be as a dramatic difference as Justice League which became a completely different film but still.

Associate
Hopefully the snyder cut of this will follow soon after part 2 is released. Tried to watch part 1, but it just made no sense, then found out it was drastically cut for the PG13 certificate.
It made zero sense and was a complete waste of time.

Isnt Snyder meant to be a great director? The film was poor in directing and story-telling. Even fundamental rules of story telling were not followed.

Caporegime
As I said before, I severely doubt that this director's cut will be better. There isn't a single thing about the first film that will be improved by being longer or by being R rated and, honestly, since basically everything bad about this film is directly down to Snyder I'm not sure why "More Snyder!" is expected to be a good thing.

Anyway, the vanity double-dip versions don't have a release date yet, but Snyder said in an interview to expect them (or possibly just part one) in August.

I expect you're right. It's probably just clutching at straws as the trailer looked so good. And it's basically a mash of everything I like.

Who knows. Maybe I'll like it. Fallout got great reviews and I'm not keen

Soldato
It made zero sense and was a complete waste of time.

Isnt Snyder meant to be a great director? The film was poor in directing and story-telling. Even fundamental rules of story telling were not followed.

Snyder said in an interview many important character building scenes and plot scenes were cut in order for the studio to meet their PG13 rating. The directors cut version will have all those scenes back, along with the violence which added a significant amount of grit to the movie.

Back
Top Bottom