Recommend a 360mm AIO (Please)

Soldato
I'm looking for a 360mm AIO for my AM4 system (5900x) but will need to be compatible with future AM5 purchase.

There looks to be some decent(ish) prices right now, but I wouldn't want to cheap out and end up with issues.

Is the Sapphire Nitro 360+ looking good at £89.99?

The NZXT Kraken 360 Black AIO looks good too, for £129?

Last edited:
Soldato
Any particular reason?
It's very good
Especially for the money
But need to be aware the 38mm thickness
Of the rad can cause installation problems
Did my stepsons build with one
And his 6700xt was too long
Hit the radiator fan
Had to replace the fan with a 15mm slim one instead
Most pc cases will be OK
But it's still possible 38mm instead of usual 30mm
Might be an issue

Soldato
for an AIO B-Grade is a good place to go. my 280 cost me £50 and was in perfect condition.

you have to remember a B-Grade item must be in full working condition so there is some real deals to be had. there is a AC2 420 in there now for £75 and they will take on offer on that...

Soldato
yes, but just remember that the rad is thicker than all over AIO's so check you have clearance if mounting in say the top.
in my o11 mini the GPU was reasting on the fans when mounted on the rear, it worked fine but was tight

with the stock fans i had them fixed at 600RPM it never made a noise,

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
yes, but just remember that the rad is thicker than all over AIO's so check you have clearance if mounting in say the top.
in my o11 mini the GPU was reasting on the fans when mounted on the rear, it worked fine but was tight

with the stock fans i had them fixed at 600RPM it never made a noise,

It's a Lian lLi 011 Dynamic so I'll have plenty of options and I intend to mount the radiator in the side compartment with the PSU.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a Lian lLi 011 Dynamic so I'll have plenty of options and I intend to mount the radiator in the side compartment with the PSU.

than go for it, it's an amazing cooler.
your case is the same rad off set as the o11 mini so it will fit but spec's say it wont....
  • 1x max. 360 mm (side, front) - Maximum Width inc fans: 50mm

Cooler
Fan
- Fan Speed: 200 – 1800 RPM (Controlled via PWM)
- Airflow: 56.3 CFM
- Static Pressure: 2.2 mm H2O
- Current/Voltage: 0.08 A / 12 V DC
- Bearing: Fluid Dynamic Bearing
- Noise Level: 0.3 Sone
- Connector: 4-pin-Connector
- Dimensions: 120 mm x 120 mm x 25 mm

Radiator
- Material: Aluminium
- Dimensions: 398 mm x 120 mm x 38 mm

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone used the phanteks one?
The one with the new D30 fans is quite decent. If you’re after RGB, the D30 fans are good, the pump was decent (no mention which one is used, opposed to Asetek 7 or 8 mentioned on other models).
Arctic Freezer II is a very good AIO. Thicker radiator may limit your clearance in some cases.
The Phanteks D30 will be generally thicker (30mm thick fans) than other AIOs, but not as thick as the AF II.
EK offers good performance, silent pump and fans are better than previous versions, which would be loud past 40% PWM.
I’m not a fan of Asetek based AIOs. Tried few from Corsair and all were real screamers (high pitch noise regardless of PWM). Other manufacturers my do a better job with it.
BeQuiet was average.
Another good option could be the Phanteks with the T30s, but that is expensive. You may be better off getting an AF II and a triple pack of T30 (around £60 here on OCUK) if your use requires the P12 to work at 1K-ish rpm where they produce noticeable humming. But funny enough, most P12 I’ve used, showed humming at 1K, but much less noticeable when installed to a radiator. I would try first.

Associate
For no thrills I'd go with the Arctic Freezer one mentioned. If you want ARGB get that variant, I really don't think you can do much better for the cost.

Soldato
The one with the new D30 fans is quite decent. If you’re after RGB, the D30 fans are good, the pump was decent (no mention which one is used, opposed to Asetek 7 or 8 mentioned on other models).
Arctic Freezer II is a very good AIO. Thicker radiator may limit your clearance in some cases.
The Phanteks D30 will be generally thicker (30mm thick fans) than other AIOs, but not as thick as the AF II.
EK offers good performance, silent pump and fans are better than previous versions, which would be loud past 40% PWM.
I’m not a fan of Asetek based AIOs. Tried few from Corsair and all were real screamers (high pitch noise regardless of PWM). Other manufacturers my do a better job with it.
BeQuiet was average.
Another good option could be the Phanteks with the T30s, but that is expensive. You may be better off getting an AF II and a triple pack of T30 (around £60 here on OCUK) if your use requires the P12 to work at 1K-ish rpm where they produce noticeable humming. But funny enough, most P12 I’ve used, showed humming at 1K, but much less noticeable when installed to a radiator. I would try first.
May fully kit out an N7 case.

Back
Top Bottom