Recommend a 360mm AIO (Please)

Soldato
Whoops, yeah the NV7. Yes, the price is pretty high.
It not just the price. The massive blank space in the roof due to the side mounted psu I just don’t get it

There just trying to copy the o11 and not get sued i mean its a copy, if they did dual chamber too it would just be a cope of the plans

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been considering the "Artic Freezer II" for a future build too.
My concern is that from what I've read the fans, the pump and the little fan for cooler VRMs are all done off one header. That seems less than ideal if that's the case, is there a way around that?

Man of Honour
My concern is that from what I've read the fans, the pump and the little fan for cooler VRMs are all done off one header. That seems less than ideal if that's the case, is there a way around that?
Remove the fans and connect them directly to a separate fan header using a splitter.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

You don't need to plug the fans into the splitter cable coming from the pump, you can power them any way you like.

Out of interest, in what way do you consider it not to be ideal having them all on a single header?

Soldato
You don't need to plug the fans into the splitter cable coming from the pump, you can power them any way you like.

Out of interest, in what way do you consider it not to be ideal having them all on a single header?
You wouldn't be able to control each thing separately would you?
So you might want the rad fans to change speed depending on CPU temp but you might want the pump to run at 100% (is there really any point this changing speed, does it make a difference?) and you might want to run the VRM fan at a constant speed that is less than 100% (in the past I've found small fans can be noisy).

Associate
You wouldn't be able to control each thing separately would you?
So you might want the rad fans to change speed depending on CPU temp but you might want the pump to run at 100% (is there really any point this changing speed, does it make a difference?) and you might want to run the VRM fan at a constant speed that is less than 100% (in the past I've found small fans can be noisy).
If I’m not mistaken, the Arctic pump will run at 100% if the PWM is higher than 40%, or something like that. Even at 100%, the pump is noticeable, but not annoying as some high pitched Asetek based AIOs. But as mentioned before, plug the pump and its tiny VRM fan to pump reader, and plug the fans to the motherboard CPU fan reader. As the cables are shorter than regular P12 fans, you may need an extension cable, which is cheap. But the fans from the AIO can still be daisy chained.

Soldato
OP
How are you guys controlling your fans on the Arctic Freezer? I've got the setup plugged into the CPU fan header and running a standard curve via the motherboard, but I think my temperature are a little bit high. Should I separate the pump from the fans and run the pump at a steady speed, or something different again?

Man of Honour
How are you guys controlling your fans on the Arctic Freezer? I've got the setup plugged into the CPU fan header and running a standard curve via the motherboard, but I think my temperature are a little bit high. Should I separate the pump from the fans and run the pump at a steady speed, or something different again?

Associate
If I’m not mistaken, over 30 or 40% PWM, the pump should be at 100%.
What temperatures are you getting? (Idle and load)
Unless you’re pulling very high W, or the CPU is using too much voltage (which no cooler can overcome fast enough to solve it), you won’t see much benefit running the fans over 60% PWM.

Soldato
OP
If I’m not mistaken, over 30 or 40% PWM, the pump should be at 100%.
What temperatures are you getting? (Idle and load)
Unless you’re pulling very high W, or the CPU is using too much voltage (which no cooler can overcome fast enough to solve it), you won’t see much benefit running the fans over 60% PWM.
Using a 7800X3D, it's mid 70s gaming and mid 80s benching with Cinebench so it's probably fine. The standard fan curve is really quite quiet, not silent but quiet enough to suit me.

I could be overthinking it.

Associate
Using a 7800X3D, it's mid 70s gaming and mid 80s benching with Cinebench so it's probably fine. The standard fan curve is really quite quiet, not silent but quiet enough to suit me.

It’s a bit high for sure. I’m using the Phantom Spirit at 40% up to 70C and T30s all around the North Mesh. Gaming won’t go past 70C. Cinebench was 78C max. Tried the Arctic 240 this week and returning it as the pump was clicking and was getting only 2C cooler under load, but louder.
I was getting better thermals with the Phanteks AIO, the one with the D30s. Apparently not the best pump and fans but I was getting better results with the 7600 and later with the 7800x3D. Too bad couldn’t use with the North, but the Phantom Spirit is plenty.
Just to add, all stock, didn’t bother with undervolt or anything yet.

Associate

I wouldn't be concerned with those temperatures, especially using cinebench. A repaste could improve things, remounting more carefully could change things.

Aslong as it isn't throttling and your cooler is suitably quiet I think you're all good!

(I wouldn't be able to leave it alone myself though, even though those few degrees really mean naff all).

Have a look into undervolting it with the curve optimiser.

Back
Top Bottom